Finally got it started! First kick!!!

chopit25

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I went thru all the steps of adjusting the cam chain, adjusted the valves, static timed it and cleaned and rebuilt the carbs. Plus a complete wiring and more.
And she started on the first kick! Woohoo! Lol motor sounds good but the idle is super high. I backed the idle screws completely off of the lever it pushes on and it doesn't drop at all?
Can't figure out how to share a video?
Anyways I have no barbs for syncing and I saw the guages are out of my price range. I read the carb bible and it says you can make something but I'm visual so I don't get it? What would cause it to idle high like that?
I am stoked!!!

If you have a linked set of carbs then they're probably way out of sync. The right carb is probably way farther open than the left. Play with the sync screw in between the carbs and you can probably bring the idle down.

Oh I forgot to add that info. They are 38's from a 73' that are not linked. uploadfromtaptalk1375673156886.jpg
Here is a rough looking pic. Lol
I know the king sporty is overkill but my small sporty tank is leaking from rust. I have a mustang tank that I wanted to use but I am really broke so I will probably just use the king. Need to get tires and my motorcycle endorsement. Rode without for years but they are really cracking down now. Getting too old to be screwing around with the law anyway. Lol

Twomany, yeah I plan to try that tomorrow. Still got a lot to do but I am so excited after getting her running!

Back