finding registration history in Australia

svb1

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
IMG_7127.jpg

Hi XS people

I have this 1972 XS here in Australia. was planing on getting it up and running but ran out of time.
Now I am planing on moving back to New Zealand and taking the bike with me "sorry to steal this beautiful bike from Australia"

But the problem I have is I bought this bike unregistered no plates and having problems finding any registration history for it. and it has no ADR plate

Two things I need for importing into New Zealand Are an ADR plate or Statement of Compliance from the Yamaha. Being a 72 probably makes it pre compliance.
I am in process of trying to get a statement of compliance.

As for Rego history i Have came up short. I have contacted Vic roads and have no record of my bike after supplying them engine and chassis number (they match thank god)

I will be contacting Department of Infrastructure to see if they have any information of the bike being imported, and will ask Yamaha the same.

So without some sort of rego history I may not be able to import this bike into New Zealand and I don't won't to leave this beast behind!!

If anyone has gone threw this before or has any information they can swing my way to help would be greatly Appreciated.... Thanks

I'm pretty sure the compliance plate didn't come on the bikes till 77. From 77 a bike can't be registered if the frame does not have that plate.......... previous to that you should be able to register the bike if it does not have one. There may be some sort of engineers requirement before being able to register, ask some one who is in a club these guys would have had some experience doing this.

I'm pretty sure the compliance plate didn't come on the bikes till 77. From 77 a bike can't be registered if the frame does not have that plate.......... previous to that you should be able to register the bike if it does not have one. There may be some sort of engineers requirement before being able to register, ask some one who is in a club these guys would have had some experience doing this.
Thanks 650Skull I will look into that!

Back