First bobber build!

AftermathRollie

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have been building cars for awhile so its time i try something new! Started with a 82 xs650. Bought the bike alittle over a week ago.

photo22sd.jpg

photo1dn.jpg

photo32p.jpg

photo4pls.jpg

photo5bm.jpg

photo3lg.jpg

photo1xo.jpg

And heres a picture of my car
37619410150960387392610.jpg

I think i'm beginning to see some similarities between your project and mine....gonna have to ask you to stop right there and send me the whole thing....gotta confiscate it for copywrite infringement :D

Ha just playing man, looking real good for one week progress.

Here's mine

full

I have been pretty busy but got a little done this past week. Mounted the tank, fender, seat. Built a new brake pedal/arm setup. I forgot to grab new pics today when i finished up, so ill get them tomorrow! How do yall mount the springs to the underside of the seat?

photo2z.JPG

photo3xnm.jpg

photo4dtj.jpg

photo5lbt.jpg

photolqp.jpg

What do you think about the gauge mount i made? Im thinking about scrapping it and not running a speedo at all but im not to sure.

i like the speedo extension. Ide keep it. Maybe a rolled edge on the botto so it doesnt look so cut off.

What rear wheel are you using? I've got an 83 heritage special, and love the way that rear wheel balances out your bike. And the lacing. Also what size is it?

awesome, i found one for sale in town for $50. but it doesnt come with the brake setup. just the wheel. will the heritage brake side work for that rim? also does it take any special spacing to get that wheel to fit the TC bros hardtail? or can you also use your stock spacers on that wheel as well? i probably should search around the forum, but thought i might get a quick yes or no from you. thanks

awesome, i found one for sale in town for $50. but it doesnt come with the brake setup. just the wheel. will the heritage brake side work for that rim? also does it take any special spacing to get that wheel to fit the TC bros hardtail? or can you also use your stock spacers on that wheel as well? i probably should search around the forum, but thought i might get a quick yes or no from you. thanks

For spacing the wheel with the TC Bros hard tail you can use the factory spacers along with two 3/4" standard washers on each kid of the wheel. I plan to turn down some bar stock to make a one piece spacer for mine. By the side are you referring to the brake drum?

yes, refering to the drum side. heres my problem:

I have an 83 heritage special with a 48 spoke rear 16" rim. and i hate it.

I would like to run an 18" rear with a 36 spoke pattern. like the tx500 one you have.

I have another 36 spoke 16" rim/hub but no drum for it, just the rim, hub and spokes.

Can i run the drum from the 83' 48 spoke rim on the 36 spoke rim? and possibly use the mikes xs kit to use the 36 spoke hub and convert to the 18 rim from mikes?

Back