First ride of the season

cmyoch

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
The anticipation was killing me so I drug her out of storage and went for a ride. I didn't realize how much I really missed her!

No issues at all with her. I spent most of the ride contemplating putting off my rebuild and enjoy her as much as I can. At 64,xxx miles she runs pretty good other than a little smoking. My spare engine is ready for reassembly so I will take my time with that and have a motor ready to go in when the time comes.

I haven't put my bike away at all this winter. Winter here was VERY mild. I rode almost every week of winter:) Yoch, are you going to the swap meet at the Fairgrounds April15th? I'd love to see another XS around town...

I guess you get her all fixed up last year? Seems like I remember you having trouble with it all the way to the end. Nice that you could just fire it up and go. I should've been riding mine weeks ago, but for some reason I decided to strip it down to the frame again to paint and clean it up real good.

Sorry for such the long delay in replying guys. For some reason, I'm not getting notification that I have responses to posts. Yes, I feel like I got a lot of my issues resolved. All with the help of this forum. I've put a few miles on her this past month and she is running pretty good.

I have another motor ready to be put together and installed but I think I want to wait until this one dies before doing that. At 64,xxx miles, she still runs pretty good.

Sinking, where are you from? I hit Bellevegas quite a bit and cruise around. We should meet up for a cruise sometime?

I missed the swap meet this year. I went last year and was disappointed that everything there was almost 100% Harley. Maybe I hit the wrong meet.

Back