first start ssince rebuild

the_newb

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey yall hows it going, so i just got to the point today where i can start my engine an its been fully rebuilt new rings rehoned cylnders also new crank an bearings an its been sitting for at least 6 months without oil so basicly im woundering what i should do before i just put oil in it an try an start it should i put a lil oil down the cylnders an is there anything i should do to seat the rings i have no idea some help would be awsome thanks

squirt some into the cylinders, fill the crank with oil and use the kickstarter to circulate the oil before you try to start it.

Basically, to seat the rings, you don't want to cruise at a steady speed or RPM for long periods of time. Vary your speed and RPMs, and do lots of engine braking. Engine braking puts lots of pressure on the backs of the rings, forcing them into the cylinder wall and seating them. Don't baby it but don't beat on it either.

ok cool thanks guys that what i figure but i still dont have brake lines or forward controls on it yet so i cant ride it so what u think i should do ? a what u mean fill the crank with oil?

Back