First time build

rkeys

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently pick up a 75 xs650 parts bike and also a clean titled frame and a whole bunch of extra stock parts that iv been working on. I'm hoping to get something cool out of it all.
I deiced to start with a TC hardtail which turned out to be a quality built piece. I been tossing around ideas about a place to hide all the electrical connections i do not want to run a fake oil tank or any thing like that I'm trying to go bear bones no extras. I'm looking for ideas I'm open to any suggestions anyone might have on the subject i would really appreciate any feed back anyone might have.

1. Build what appears to be a chin scoop and hide the electrics in it.
2. If you run kick only and block off the electric starter you can hide them where the starter used to be.
3. Make your battery box taller and hide them in the bottom. Just be sure to keep your battery from resting on them.
4. If you go kick only and use a capacitor instead of a battery you could put everything in the battery box.
5. Make a tray that drops down just under the seat.
6. Use one of those old Harley style metal tool boxes that bolt to the side of the frame.
7. Make a fake NOS bottle and hide them there.
8. Use a metal lunch box. I'm thinking something with a cartoon character like say, Superman, The Incredible Hulk or Mickey Mouse.
9. Shorten a metal mail box. (You could even rig the red flag for an ignition switch and add a whole new meaning to "You've got mail."
10. Put them in an over-sized stash bottle.
11. Use an old fire extinguisher.
12. 40oz beer can? (you might want to reinforce the inside.)
13. Leave everything hanging loose? (You did say "bear bones."
14. Plastic jar with screw on lid? Painted, of course.
15. In the headlight housing?
16. In a recess on the bottom of the gas tank.
17. In a box in a saddlebag.
18. Use a cafe style fender and hide them behind the seat.
19. One of those round metal cans that cookies used to be packaged in.
20 Hide them in a metal box inside a leather tool bag.

Or not.

Here is an update on my progress on the bobber build.
Here is what i started with back in Oct 2011
DSC_0003.jpg
Here is what i have so far as of tonite.
DSC_0199.jpg

1. Build what appears to be a chin scoop and hide the electrics in it.
2. If you run kick only and block off the electric starter you can hide them where the starter used to be.
3. Make your battery box taller and hide them in the bottom. Just be sure to keep your battery from resting on them.
4. If you go kick only and use a capacitor instead of a battery you could put everything in the battery box.
5. Make a tray that drops down just under the seat.
6. Use one of those old Harley style metal tool boxes that bolt to the side of the frame.
7. Make a fake NOS bottle and hide them there.
8. Use a metal lunch box. I'm thinking something with a cartoon character like say, Superman, The Incredible Hulk or Mickey Mouse.
9. Shorten a metal mail box. (You could even rig the red flag for an ignition switch and add a whole new meaning to "You've got mail."
10. Put them in an over-sized stash bottle.
11. Use an old fire extinguisher.
12. 40oz beer can? (you might want to reinforce the inside.)
13. Leave everything hanging loose? (You did say "bear bones."
14. Plastic jar with screw on lid? Painted, of course.
15. In the headlight housing?
16. In a recess on the bottom of the gas tank.
17. In a box in a saddlebag.
18. Use a cafe style fender and hide them behind the seat.
19. One of those round metal cans that cookies used to be packaged in.
20 Hide them in a metal box inside a leather tool bag.

Or not.

:thumbsup: Holy Moly . . .good one ! I'm a first time build as well... and your post... way cool Thanks eh

rkeys like the look of your bike. Nice clean lines. I painted it red with a black race stripe down the middle of the tank. The pipes look good with black chrome. :D Black frame would look good. Not shure about the rear fender yet. Have fun building your bike I just did. Like the seat good choice :thumbsup:

Back