Flux Core Welding

People will tell you that a 110 welder is no good but they probably haven't used one or have only used super cheap ones. I built a rock crawler with a Hobart 140 (110v) welder using .30 flux core. Never broke a weld. I broke a lot of axles, u-joints, and bent a few things but never broke a weld.

Everything I've done on my bike I've used the Hobart. Even the tank. It's a good welder. Some day I'll get gas on it so my welds look prettier. But they are strong enough.

People will tell you that a 110 welder is no good but they probably haven't used one or have only used super cheap ones. I built a rock crawler with a Hobart 140 (110v) welder using .30 flux core. Never broke a weld. I broke a lot of axles, u-joints, and bent a few things but never broke a weld.

Everything I've done on my bike I've used the Hobart. Even the tank. It's a good welder. Some day I'll get gas on it so my welds look prettier. But they are strong enough.

do a side by side test with one that gets more juice and youll see a difference for sure in penetration. ive built a few bikes on 110's too. never any major frame work though. itll work just remember to prep the peices properly to assure the best penetration. that means grinding the parts to a shine and grinding grooves bevels or whatever it takes to get in there.

Last edited:
Back