Footpeg bracket bushings - Aluminum ?

David M

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've removed the footpeg brackets on my '75 in order to fit my Omar's Mile pipes. The rubber bushings were pretty rotten so I removed them. In order to carry on with pipe mounting, I made some aluminum bushings until I get some rubber replacements. But, I'm wondering if I should just replace them all with aluminum. I suspect that the pegs will be a bit more buzzy with the aluminum though.

Has anyone else done this ? Would you advise against using aluminum ? The bike won't be ridden again for 6 months so I'd like to sort this little detail out sooner rather than later if possible.

Thanks.

Attachments

• peg-brkt-bushing-1.JPG
    peg-brkt-bushing-1.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 168
  • peg-brkt-bushing-2.JPG
    peg-brkt-bushing-2.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 162
Try it. Whatya' got to lose? They may be buzzy. See how it feels. I can't see any problem with it. My pegs are solidly mounted. I don't notice a thing. I really don't like rubber mounted pegs anyway, but hey, I ride a hardtail.:D

I use the rubber head bolt washers I replaced as spacers behind my foot pegs. This tightened up the rubber rushings and now they are tight and don't vibrate as much.

I was going to get some new rubber bushings for mine. I think after seeing these I'll just whip up a set on my lathe.

Thanks for the idea ;)

i turned some little cone shaped bushings out of a polyurethane block on my wood lathe... now my pegs are rock solid.. no vibration problems that i can sense. I'm riding on a custom seat with a lot less padding than stock though so i doubt i'd notice vibration in my feet.

Posted via Mobile

Back