for those who aren't running a speedometer

bobber bill

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
do you just leave the speedometer drive assembly in place to center the front wheel on the axle? i bought a front wheel off another member recently but i didnt get the speedo drive housing so my wheel isnt centered. is there another readily available alternative ? this is my first disc brake front wheel so im not sure how it all goes together. thanks

oh and i dont plan on running a speedometer for the time being, so im a little concerned about letting that drive housing spin freely, of thats what im supposed to do.

Run the speedo drive, won't hurt a thing. You could push on a dust cap over the cable threads to keep dirt out. If you do run an alternate spacer, make sure the width demensions are the same. Plus most speedo drive have a seal around the outside diameter. If you don't account for that you will let dirt/water into the wheel bearing, and destroy it right quick.

cool thanks guys. i actually got a hold of another member who is going to machine a really trick speedo delete bushing/spacer for myself and a few others. his username is punkskalar

The speedo drive won't spin on the axle. When you tighten the axle nut it pulls the axle sideways. The shoulder on the axle pushes the speedo drive up tight to the hub.

Guess What! I have a box of Speedo Delete's sitting right here that I had CNC'd, now I just need to test fit one tonight, and get some pricing up for you folks :thumbsup:

i might get one also.. pretty soon you're gonna have to start hiring employees

Already have :thumbsup:

Here ya go folks!

100_6784.jpg

Just did a test fit, and they fit just like stock, just way better looking :laugh:

Just as I was going to help a member for the first time on this forum, the man himself appeared. I was just looking at Hugh's website maybe five minutes ago, then came to see this thread, and that he has already helped you. Hahah, good luck!

Back