Fork braces

curt698

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys what fork braces are you guys using? Omar's is out of my budget at $160 and I'm not sure if i like the look of the over fender one for $59 on Mikes and Central. Anybody have other options???

- daytona, from ebay...50 euros

P5030082.jpg

Hi Curt, I make my own and can make you one if you like, $50+shipping if you want one. I'm not trying to push a product on here just offering to make one for you if you like, made from .095dom, very strong.

Hi Curt, I make my own and can make you one if you like, $50+shipping if you want one. I'm not trying to push a product on here just offering to make one for you if you like, made from .095dom, very strong.

Gordon I will pm you once I get the front end on and see how the cafe fender sits. Thanks a lot for letting me know you do this.

Dave

I also use the Daytona tweak-bar--stashed a couple of them years back when Dixie put them on closeout for $15 a whack. Yeah Blue, that T-Kat brace is a nice item, American-made and high quality.

hey, you still make fork braces? i sure could use one. i have waht i feel like is a lot of flex when i apply the front brake. i can see the wheel pull to the right. freaks me out a little.

hey, you still make fork braces? i sure could use one. i have waht i feel like is a lot of flex when i apply the front brake. i can see the wheel pull to the right. freaks me out a little.

imagine what happens whit a springer if you slamm on the brakes.:yikes:

Anyone ever do any measured deflection testing before and after? IE do they work?

I have made fork braces for an XS 650 and a SV 650. Beside the materials they are very time consuming to produce in a manual mill. Both Tkat’s and Omar’s look good and at US $160 I consider Omar’s fork brace an absolute bargain considering the work involved if you make it yourself.

I have a 71 XS and am unsure of what size the forks are? Nobody seems to list a fork brace for a 71... any help?? Thanks

Cough Uh have you done anything about the rest of the bike? Fork brace is kinda far down the list on a stock 71, just sayin.... It has 34mm tubes but I think the triple centers are different than later 34mm bikes. The collar size on the steel lowers is probably different also. You are probably looking at custom for a 71 Might be easiest to adapt one of the old aluminum motocross braces. They look kind of neat too.
Something like this eBay Item number: 271013497092

Im sorry, The bike isn't stock, its a hard tail bobber project. I liked the look of the Gordon Scott brace more than anything, but I will check out the one on ebay Thankyou.

Back