frame restoration-replacing chopped parts

brutus79

XS650 Member
Reaction score
when I found my 79 XS650 special II not only had it been sitting exposed to the elements for 10 years, the previous owner had chopped the tail end of the frame off that supports the seat and fender. I found pretty much everything I need to restore him and have welded pieces of pipe to replace the missing frame section and they work fine. My hope is that someone who is doing a bobber project would be interested in selling me the section that I need so I can restore him to factory specs. This is my first bike and when I started my intention was to get him to run and have some kick around fun. I started working on him, and soon what was once a spur of the moment thing has turned into a passion. He is almost complete thanks to E-bay and my new best friend MikesXS. If I have to I will obtain blueprints for the frame and have a shop fabricate the missing section, but my hope is that I can find either the section I need chopped from a bobber, or a frame(title not needed) that I can use for parts. I love my XS650. It's great to know so many others share my feelings for this beautiful motorcycle. :bike:

Welcome to the site brutus.
Try posting a WTB in the classified section, you may get fixed up today.

Welcome brutus, Some frame dimensions if it helps

full

What you might be able to do is find some one who wants to do a hardtail and swap frames. Will be less work for both of you.
Leo

I have a rear section in good spec ready to go and I'm in NY AS WELL. I live near Saratoga if you wanna DM me I can help you out.:thumbsup:

Yea i may have collected that of Travis, Been collecting info for years now. Back when i started i searched and searched, wasn't much in the way of people who knew, or if there was there wasn't a place for them like here to converse.

Check out my Tech albums, i'm adding to them all the time

Back