from scratch

Dannywrx88

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
hi all,
i have a 73 TX650 and was thinking of doing my own wiring harness from scratch. has anyone done this before? is there an easy way to do it?
any help would be appreciated.

I did it. Pretty easy once you break down the different circuits. I have points and stock charging system. Mine is simplified and I did use the tc bros chopper wire harness. You don't really need that and after doing it myself I would skip that part next time. In the tech section there are wiring diagrams. You need to know what you plan to use for ignition and charging systems.

Dannywrx, welcome to the forum. I re-wired from scratch. There are plenty of wiring diagrams, stock and custom, on the site. Enjoy choosing one that will suit your needs.

Anlaf

I did it. Pretty easy once you break down the different circuits. I have points and stock charging system. Mine is simplified and I did use the tc bros chopper wire harness. You don't really need that and after doing it myself I would skip that part next time. In the tech section there are wiring diagrams. You need to know what you plan to use for ignition and charging systems.

thanks mate, ill sus it out, just going to run the kick start and the standard points.

It's a piece of cake pretty much did mine from scratch.. I just reused the wiring in the bars and controls everything else is new..

It's a piece of cake pretty much did mine from scratch.. I just reused the wiring in the bars and controls everything else is new..

dont suppose you did a DIY on it did you lol
I also wanted to include a proper fuse box. I was thinking from JayCar, or somewhere else that someone can recommend??

Back