Front motor mount.

justjoe

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I'm putting an XS1 engine in a customized 78 frame. It seems the hole does not quite line up with the engine. Does anybody make a front motor mount that will fit?

The front engine mounts (parts #6 & #7) on the 70-71 are unique. I believe that front mounts 72-on should work.

Attachments

• Frame-256.jpg
    Frame-256.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 213
I have the one piece mount from the 78 but with it mounted on the frame, the hole does not line up with the engine. All the other mounts line up.

I have the one piece mount from the 78 but with it mounted on the frame, the hole does not line up with the engine. All the other mounts line up.

Hi Joe,
Didja try slackening off all the other mounting bolts and using a tapered drift to ease the holes into line or is it too far off for that?

yeah the 70-71 case is different and the hole is in a different place. probably weld the 78 engine mount hole closed and build up if needed, redrill to match your case would be simplest. The rear triangle mounts should be different also, but hey if they work, they work.

I figured thats what I was going to have to do...The joy of custom building..Thanks for the responses.

Back