fuel T anyone ever use this one

Excellent! I bought something similar and run them on my XS1100. They're brass, but that shouldn't make a difference. They've been good for a few years.

says its aluminum. It also says they used dimensions from original part. dosnt look like it to me. but in any case, looks miles better than that junk one from mikes

I used PAMCO Pete's advise and removed the black coating on the original "T" arms( about 3/8" or a bit more, from the ends that go in the carbs) and put 1/4" clear fuel line over the ends. Carefully press the carbs back on. Make sure the inlet is facing up cuz it's going to be difficult to change later. No leaks so far.

The ad reads 78-83, that's not right. They used that tee on the BS34 carbs. They didn't start using BS34 carbs till 80.
If that's not right it indicates to me that the seller has no idea what he is selling. That puts me off right there.
Use the fix azman talks about. Pete knows his business.
Leo

I used yellow tygon fuel line on the ends of my T
I didnt know anyone had done this but me :laugh:
in my videos I made a few years back I was calling it neoprene I don't know why I knew it was tygon go figure.

I bought this part because the mikesxs one leaking like crazy. This one is far superior and fits excellent with absolutely no leaks. I highly recommend anyone with bs34 carbs to purchase this. It is precision fit.

FWIW, if you find that the brass Tee you've already got leaks at the T-joint you can fix it for next to nothing by pulling the T-spigot right out, cleaning the joint surfaces so they shine, pressing it back together and soft-soldering the joint.
Lots of flux and a Bernz torch works best.
Blow through it afterwards to make sure you didn't solder it closed. Drill through the blockage if you did.
And yeah, remove the o-rings first and put 'em back after, eh?

I contacted that ebayer when I saw he was making tees for other bikes, I got him all the XS tee dimensions, he said he would make some then I never heard back from him :shrug:

I threw a set on some carbs I rebuilt and sold. Quality was top notch and I believe it provides a leak free seal. Order it!

Back