funky new wheels maybe

ryan79

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
found good deal on rims,ebay. bought them to put on my zr7s. but when thay got here I put them up side the xs. I think thay just might add a little flaver. or do I just have an itch to add something. what you guys think.

Attachments

• xs with rc component 006.jpg
    xs with rc component 006.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 206
  • xs with rc component 048.jpg
    xs with rc component 048.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 177
  • xs with rc component 032.jpg
    xs with rc component 032.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 199
  • xs with rc component 028.jpg
    xs with rc component 028.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 165
  • xs with rc component 045.jpg
    xs with rc component 045.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 156
  • xs with rc component 025.jpg
    xs with rc component 025.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 181
  • xs with rc component 024.jpg
    xs with rc component 024.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 180
  • xs with rc component 042.jpg
    xs with rc component 042.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 144
It would be a major project, it wouldn't fit in your swingarm, and the front sprocket would have to be spaced out somehow. Not to mention the brakes.

They are nice looking wheels for sure.

John

I think it would look good, but it would require lots of fab work. I'm in the process of fitting some wheels that I bought because the looked cool. I'm still trying to align my sprockets. It has been quite the challenge. Something to think about....

Spun wheels. Not a matter if they will fracture a weld down the center, but when. You'll notice a slow leak you cannot find. It'll happen on the rear wheel first.

If they are any thinner than 0.1875", they will dent like crazy during street riding. Those have probably been straightened once, hence being up for sale.

They make good race wheels. It was the in thing while billet wheel blanks were being developed in the early 90's.

I think they look neat, I just wouldn't use them for race or street applications :D

yep, well aware of the challange it will be to fit them, won,t be my first wheel fitting ordeal. thay seam to be in good shape, spin true,chrome is purfect,no chips or evedence of ever having damage. but I will still need to look further. my first wheel build is the flat track quick release set up in the first picture. spaced and laced, trued by me.it was a bitch. im sure these rims are just as safe as mine if not more. does any body know if the gary poh 180 set up will clear stock frame for chain clearince. the chain clearince to side of the frame could be the deal breaker. new swing arm,costum, possible front end up grade. still need to do measurements on that.brake hanger, easy. pricey, yes ,but I stoped counting a long time ago. besides I have lots of other unused xs parts to sell to fund the project.

found good deal on rims,ebay. bought them to put on my zr7s. but when thay got here I put them up side the xs. I think thay just might add a little flaver. or do I just have an itch to add something. what you guys think.

I say do it! It's your bike... Now, I call first dibs on your current set of wheels... No really.

Posted via Mobile

Put 'em on the Kawi. That XS is SSSWWWWEEEEEET! That Kawi looks like a really nice hiway bike. One of these days I gotta finish my '78 KZ650B/C

Nice wheels for sure and a lot of work to fit them to your XS, but can you please tell me where I can buy that exhaust system ? I've been searching for ages and can't find one.

thanks for the input guys. this ones a tough choice. I do like mags on a tracker better.but a 180 on the back is a bit over kill. a 160 is a more logical choice. also thinking of the rims on the kawasaki ex650. thay would plop on much easier, and thier 160 rear. the spokes on my bike now would go on my cb550 or get sold to by parts to fund this project.

Thanks for the exhaust info Ryan79, much appreciated. Whatever way you go with your wheels, your bike looks great...... I prefer spokes myself, but they are a hot looking set of mags

Back