G&L Choppers

I purchased a chopped 79 XS650. When I stripped it down and bead blasted it, the hardtail section didn't look right. I found G&L choppers online spoke to Rich (hell of a guy with great customer support) and he set me up with a new hard tail, battery box, tank, and seat pan. I even had them mount it all up to save me time. Rich even told me that the frame fell apart when they cut it off. Deadly hard tail I was riding for a while. Great quality work and craftsmanship. I would highly recommend them.

As far as turn around, if you look at their website, they clearly indicate it take 6+ weeks for them to hard tail your frame. I live in El Paso, TX and they are in Colorado so shipping only takes a couple of days via UPS. So I can't complain about turn around time.

You can call them and speak to Rich. He will answer all your questions and I'm sure you will feel confident having them hard tail your frame.

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate the feedback.
Spoke with Rich and decided to have a full build done. Seems like a stand-up guy and I think it'll be worth the wait. Had it shipped out there already from Detroit, took 3 days and cost $120 on Uship.
Got any photos of your build?

Got any photos of your build?

I have been recording video of the build for a video documentary, and take pics for a build journal. I haven't gotten around to starting my own build thread and posting up the pics. Stay tuned, after my finals I plan to get a lot of pics posted.

Back