gap between speedometer and strut?

Superstarrr

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i was putting back together the front section of my bike and when i torqued the axle i noticed a gap about 2-3mm or so between the wheel and the speedometer drive. is this ok? or did i miss a few washers or something? the only washer i have on there is the one on the axle nut.
sorry if this is a dumb question, brand new to this and dont want my front wheel falling off!

thanks

Devin

There is a spacer on one side and the speedo drive on the other. Make sure the speedo drive engages into the slots in the wheel, and it will seat properly. If the gap is between the fork and the drive, make sure the tab on the fork is in the slot of the drive(thats what she said). If all of that is correct, you will not have a gap when you torque to spec.

yeah i didnt exactly torque it to spec. i think its 77 ft.lbs from what i read a while ago. i just hammered it on with an impact driver. ill have to borrow a torque wrench from a friend.

Thanks!

The head of the axle pulls the speedo drive into the wheel as you tighten the nut. This aligns the wheel in the forks. Now tighten the axle clamp bolts on the speedo drive side and your done.
Leo

Back