Garage Art

My workspace in limited so everything serves a purpose. While it's not art, just a keepsake from my younger days, this is the only thing in my workshop that doesn't serve a purpose, aside for reminding me of better days, so I'll call it 'Workshop Art'
BTW 1988 is not my DOB, I wish it was!

Attachments

• WIN_20220908_12_55_03_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220908_12_55_03_Pro.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
That particular jacket was dirt track go-karts (90mph type), but yes; waay back, starting with dirt bikes in '72
Another Go-Kart racer:thumbsup: Yamadude was a Enduro racer and I raced Vintage asphalt karts for many years. I never raced in the dirt though. See pre and post muscle cars thread.

I've spent a little bit of time over the Christmas break adding a little bit of 'culture' to my workshop.

I'd had the originals to these two photographs saved on my phone for a long time so I sent them over to a friend who's proficient on Photoshop for sharpening and converting to black & white.

KennyRobertsPits.pngRoberts&Sheene.png

I really love the first image, there's something so cool about Kenny napping in the pits whilst his bikes being worked on next to him, not something you'd see in present day.

WorkshopArt1.jpgWorkshopArt2.jpgWorkshopArt3.jpg

The prints are by an artist known as Ryan Roadkill, if you've not come across him before he's well worth checking out!

RoadkillBadBandit.jpgRoadkillNo2.jpg

Daniel.

Last edited:
I have an insatiable appetite for Garage Art.

However. in the recent few years I've had to be careful what I buy at flea markets and garage sales because I've filled almost every square inch of wall space in my workshops.

This fall on the way to the Catskill mountains with my '82 Heritage Special I stopped for a few minutes at the enormous Madison Bouckville Antique Week on scenic route 20 which I pass through every year. This antique show draws folks from all over the states east of the Mississippi including some Hollywood stars. I once saw Stephen King there.

There are hundreds of large tents like this:

1698801085296.png

1698801165762.png

So, I stumbled into a collection of a guy closing up his display (a good time to buy) and I spied this nice vacuum gauge from maybe the '50's.
He wanted 10 bucks, so I offered him $4 which he eventually accepted as I began to wander off.

I like the bold, crisp graphics; it's in fine condition.

Allstate2.jpg

Found a nice spot on one of my favorite tool boards for it.
I couldn't be happier.

Allstate1.jpg

Last edited:
Back