Gary's home for orphan motorcycles.

View attachment 173011 That is just weird.
Is that supposed to keep people from changing the factory settings like the way Yamaha pressed a plug over the idle screw?
I think so. Easier than a plug to outfox...:rolleyes:
honda D idle screw tool.jpg
honda D idle screw.jpeg

Last edited:
Carbs are a bitch to remove but once you get the hang of it no problem. Plus you could never have tooooooo many motorcycles LOL
Hope you never have to take the heads off. Some of them you have to remove motor from frame because head and jugs come out and go in in one piece.

A postscript; got the new fuel strainer for the petcock, This had been running perfectly on my little test tank after going through the carbs. Put it all together left it idling while I went to get the helmet for a test ride and gas pouring out the carbs. :cussing: Zactly like where I started a week ago.:banghead: Used the borescope, tracked the leak to a fuel fitting into the #1 carb. All apart again, All 4 carbs had to come off the aluminum pan, to get that fitting out. O-ring looked meh, my assortment o-ring boxes (fitz-none) didn't have a close match but some square seals from mcmaster carr originally for a failed XS650 throttle shaft replacement fit well. Back together, and out for 20 miles this morning. I'm claiming victory! Great bike, now that it runs, smooth, quiet, revs happily to 9500 RPM, decent ride for the low seating position, shocks soak up bumps well, compliant. Pretty sure a with little effort it'll wheelie in first. cleaned up nice, still needs some more polishing, clean, lube the chain etc.

All 4 carbs had to come off the aluminum pan, to get that fitting out.

Well, that’s a bummer. :( I’ll bet it went a little faster this time. I’m kinda surprised Honda didn’t fit a shaft drive on that little cruiser. Still....a nice little bike that you don’t see a lot of.

Honda V4 750 4 valve per cylinder. Same motor (mostly) as the interceptors. 550 lbs 75 HP, smooth as can be.
Got it cleaned and polished up pretty nice.
Think I'm going to go take a bunch of pics, then. LOL
Nice..I didnt realize these were chain driven...No doubt that will be a nice sale...

Back