getting another bike today

HooliganCycles

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ok ok so it's not another xs650 but a buddy of mine came across a 1979 cb650 on craigslist for 150 bucks, its a two and a half hour drive each way to get it but I figured for that price I probably better make the drive....sound like the same old story he bought it a year ago from a buddy and it was running, he brought it home and never touched it again.....so we will see what all needs to be done, gonna start with a battery and a good carb cleaning and cross my fingers. Worse case scenario I've got my winter project for next year haha

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-13-17-32-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-13-17-32-10.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 166
Ya that's how I feel too....I will buy em all for that price...the carva were in pretty rough shape but got it running yesterday, one cylinder isn't firing but I think I've got a bad plug in that one...fingers crossed anyways. But so far its been well worth the 150 bucks

Nice find. My wife had a 82 cb650. Once I got the bugs worked out like the charging system it was a fun bike to ride. From what I understand its a slightly beef up cb550. I loved how nicely it shifted through the gears. We sold it a couple of years back for extra cash to buy a house. Now I'm working on a cb750 for her.

Not sure of what years but some of those have an accelerator pump with a bunch of tiny passages and jets, it's a PITA but usually can be made to work with careful fiddle futzing.

Back