good rides near austin texas?

jonasblack

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
living in austin and I have the parents coming into town, they both ride royal enfields and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good day ride to take them on?

I have always enjoyed hwy. 16 from Pipe Creek through Bandera, Medina, and ending in Kerrville. A little out of the way for you, but you could ride it backwards and catch it from Fredericksburg, maybe pick up toomany while you are in town. :thumbsup:

well, I'd for a short ride I'd say go visit Krause Springs in Spicewood
take 281 past Marble Falls then West on 71

For a full-blown Hill Country ride - I'd say go to the Classic Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool. There's every classic English bike ever made sitting on that floor.
- 36517 Ranch Road 187, Vanderpool, TX 78885 and lots of great Motorcycle road to get there

you might want to stay the night at Bandera on the way back and catch some 4-Real Texas Honky-Tonkin'

The Vanderpoot/Utopia area is as pretty as it gets in the Lone Star State

36517 Ranch Road 187, Vanderpool, TX 78885

281 Marble Falls 71

I have always enjoyed hwy. 16 from Pipe Creek through Bandera, Medina, and ending in Kerrville. A little out of the way for you, but you could ride it backwards and catch it from Fredericksburg, maybe pick up toomany while you are in town. :thumbsup:

Hahaha, my name this week is 'icecicle'! It's 24°F outside right now. Decent riding weather will start around March or April, except for those rare periodically warm February days.

Just getting out of Austin is a challenge. A nice ride could be had by heading west, tracking north of the river on 1431, going to Marble Falls.

looks like tomorrow im setting sail from the 71 to enchanted rock, to fredericksburg to luckenbach to blanco and then home, thanks for the input fellas! should be a gorgeous day tomorrow! mid 70's :)

My pops used to tell me about how beautiful it was around River Place Country Club. The last time he was there was years ago and we were talking about golf but I'm sure its still as nice as he said

we stumbled upon a country road called 962, and it was seriously so beautiful. if anyone is in texas and ever wants to ride it with me, i will happily oblige.

962, yeah, Cypress Mill and Round Mountain, nice route.

Could also try 1826 south (Texas scenic travel trail), to 967 (backdoor to Buda), and stop at Cabella's for lunch!

Back