Wanted - Gordon Scott High Pipes & Sidecar Subframe

Unfortunately it seems Gordon is out of the game, the reason why I'm not sure. Luckily, there's a new kid in town, haha. Go over to the shops section and check out counter balance cycles exhaust systems, Wes made my pipes. 100% stainless and built to my specs. He could easily make those pipes for you.

You may wish to take a look a Omar's Fiberglass high pipes. I have a set, yet to mount on bike, but I am happy with the way they look.

Thank you both. I will shoot Wes an email shortly.

I had seen the Omar's pipes and they are nice, but out of stock at the moment.

Any ideas on the sidecar subframe? I am actually mounting a Spirit of America, but the setup will be nearly identical to a Volerex.

Thank you both. I will shoot Wes an email shortly.

I had seen the Omar's pipes and they are nice, but out of stock at the moment.

Any ideas on the sidecar subframe? I am actually mounting a Spirit of America, but the setup will be nearly identical to a Volerex.

Hi Dave,
open this link:-

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/run-what-you-brung-hack-build.980501/

and scroll down to post #5 to see a well designed XS650 subframe

It's actually nicer than the subframes that I've built.

Which Spirit of America btw?
The Spirit Eagle is a nice lightweight and really flies on my son's XS650.
The American Spirit (the rotomolded California Friendship I prequel) was a tad heavy for my XS650 but it don't hold back my XS11 hardly at all.

Thanks, that is another variation I like. I have fab skills but was hoping to buy the subframe and exhaust to get the project moving. The tub is the original eagle, very light, but crappy mounts.

Thanks, that is another variation I like. I have fab skills but was hoping to buy the subframe and exhaust to get the project moving. The tub is the original eagle, very light, but crappy mounts.

Hi Dave,
here's a photo of our Spirit Eagle as mounted to an XS750.
You can see that we disposed of the original crappy attachments and welded up our own.

Picture004.jpg

Hey Fred, not trying to hijack snowdave's thread but....:). I assume that XS750's sub frame attaches to the center stand lugs????? But what about the forward end of it??? I can't tell if it's attached to the front engine mount. I know you've gone thorough the trouble to write a detailed description of it..(and we all thank you for that)...but a photo (for me) is worth more than a thousand words.

How about another photo from the front for those of us out here who are trying to figure out how to construct a sub frame for our XS.

I've given up on the idea of having the rear upper strut connect behind (rearward) the shock mount like on my other rig......so far all the XS outfits I've seen (and that's not too many) have had that strut forward of the shock.....so I guess that works okay.

Good luck on the build snowdave.......I LOVE my sidecar outfit and wouldn't want to be without it.....:bike:

Gordon in NC

Hey Fred, - - -
How about another photo from the front for those of us out here who are trying to figure out how to construct a sub frame for our XS. - - -
Gordon in NC

Hi Gordon,
here's a front view of the XS750 subframe:-

P1000954.jpg

The sidecar moved to an XS650 and the XS750 is long gone but I still have the subframe.
Anyone wants it PM me your postal address. Free plus shipping. It's neither small nor light.

Hi Gordon,
and here's the front end of the XS11 subframe:-

P1000950.jpg

You will notice that while my XS650, XS750/850 & XS11 subframes all plug into the centerstand lugs and have different front ends to suit the engine installations they all have the same design concept:-
They are supported on both sides of the frame by existing fasteners & strongpoints.
IMHO the "fits all" clamp-on attachments that come with the sidecar don't stand up to hard use.

Last edited:
THANKS FRED!!!!!! :thumbsup:

The light bulb finally came on (I can be really dim at times) ........I think I got it now.

Thanks for the help and I hope our paths cross one day.

Gordon in NC

1975 XS650B ratty but loved
1975 XS650B parts bike

just to throw this out there I'm willing to divorce my sidecar from my bike. steerite trees and subframe would have to be spoken for before I did it.

just to throw this out there I'm willing to divorce my sidecar from my bike. steerite trees and subframe would have to be spoken for before I did it.

Hi RFLIVES,
um, my alter-ego Mr. Snoopy wants to know
You selling the sidecar?
Or selling the bike?
Or what?
If you are selling the sidecar AND the Steerite AND the subframe you might do better financially to sell the entire rig and buy another bike?

Mr snoopy and others that have pm'd me I have a little over $1600 in the tree's and subframe. Setting up a rig proper is very expensive but my set up go's down the road with out fighting it and give's me peace of mind that the person/dog bolted next to me is going to be fine. I would sell the whole sidecar,tree's and subframe for $2,700 or the tree's and subframe for $1000. I assure you once you get to the end of setting up a rig you will be way over that if you do it right.

Good news, Wes has agreed to handle the exhaust and subframe with the added bonus of recovering my seat. RFLIVES offer is awesome and someone should definitely take him up on it, but it just out of my budgetary reach at the moment. Now I just need to find a source for decent frame u-mounts. Mark at Florida Sidecar Products said he literally just sold his last set this week and he won't have more for a few months.

Back