Greatest Quote

reuse is the purest form of recycling.

out of context, I'm not exactly sure what the old timer's point is but I certainly don't settle for a loud, clanky engine that leaks just because it's older than most. Something tells me, a lot of the people around here don't accept a less than smooth running machine, not matter its age, either.

old cars might not be the greenest running machines but a properly cared for classic creates nowhere near the waste of manufacturing a new vehicle. At least, it'll take many years, far more than most maintain a single vehicle, for the new car to out weigh the efficiency of reusing the finely tuned oldie.
I remember that episode on Chasing Classic Cars - he was almost drooling with admiration, referring to a 4-cam Porsche racing engine, a wonderfully engineered one for its time.

Those who mind, don't matter. Those who matter, don't mind. ~ Dr. Suess

Then there is my tag line below. I try to live by these two quotes.:bike:

A famous heart surgeon went to a mechanic shop and was having his xs rebuilt. The mechanic working on his bike had his motor all torn apart. When the surgeon came to check the progress the mechanic said to him " Look at your motor here Doc. I'm replacing the piston rings, remachining the cylinders, and adjusting the timing. This is the heart of your bike. What I do is not that much diffrent then what you do, isn't it unfair that I get paid so much less then you." The heart surgeon looked at him and with a grin said his famous quote " Well my good man, try doing all that with the engine running":laugh:

A famous heart surgeon went to a mechanic shop and was having his xs rebuilt. The mechanic working on his bike had his motor all torn apart. When the surgeon came to check the progress the mechanic said to him " Look at your motor here Doc. I'm replacing the piston rings, remachining the cylinders, and adjusting the timing. This is the heart of your bike. What I do is not that much diffrent then what you do, isn't it unfair that I get paid so much less then you." The heart surgeon looked at him and with a grin said his famous quote " Well my good man, try doing all that with the engine running":laugh:

That's going on the wall of our shop to keep the mechanics' egos in their bays!

Ah. But doctors bury their mistakes. They will also tell you 'let's try this, if it doesn't work we will try something else' and you keep on coughing up the cash for their experimentation. If a wrench twirler misses the diag the first time, he's expected to keep at it FOR FREE till it's fixed. :wink2:

A good friend who used to be a Judge told me once the difference between a practice and a profession is if you are a professional, success is implied, if you are a practitioner, you are allowed to screw it up, but you still get paid! My family doctor got a big kick out of that one!
Charles Caperton. His cousin, Gaston Caperton, was Governor of West By God Virginia at one time.

Back