Greatest Quote

lidirtrider

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I just heard this from some old Porsche mechanic on the Velocity channel.

"...these old engines are supposed to make a little noise, leak a little oil, and go forth into the modern world, and pollute. These are not "green" machines."

I love it.

reuse is the purest form of recycling.

out of context, I'm not exactly sure what the old timer's point is but I certainly don't settle for a loud, clanky engine that leaks just because it's older than most. Something tells me, a lot of the people around here don't accept a less than smooth running machine, not matter its age, either.

old cars might not be the greenest running machines but a properly cared for classic creates nowhere near the waste of manufacturing a new vehicle. At least, it'll take many years, far more than most maintain a single vehicle, for the new car to out weigh the efficiency of reusing the finely tuned oldie.

Here's a couple;

The infamous John C. Dvorak quote: "The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a 'mouse'. There is no evidence that people want to use these things. I dont want one of these new fangled devices."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dvorak#Quotes

Ken Olsen (founder of DEC); "There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home"

Be careful what you say....................it may come back to bite you:)

If you sit by the rivers edge long enough, eventually the dead body of your enemy will come floating by.

The moral - have patience and let them hang themselves

Al Gore is definitely a jackass but he made billions off of Global Warming. Funny Video Carbon!

One of the more interesting quotes I know of came from a Russian language Livejournal account. I had to google the translation, which didn't make good English, but the gist of it was "a stupid event may lead to a stupid chain of events." A lot of things are really a subset of that general rule, I think, maybe drunk driving for an example. Or running over somebody while texting.

re: Jay's Garage

I'm not doing anything any other guy wouldn't be doing if he had my money.

Jay Leno

I'm not sure who this quote is from, I think I got it from the Modern Drunkard website. "I feel sorry for people who don't drink, they wake up in the morning and that's the best they'll feel all day."

Another favorite of mine is from a friend who had not been to my house for about a year. During that time some redecorating had been done. When this friend shows up at my house he says "I love what you've done, it's half shit and half accident."

Back