Green Grandad resurrection

View attachment 236333

Well, a pipe broke in my basement, and my workshop was bathed in sewage BUT I found a numbers matching xs1 the next day. I’ll call it a karmic wash. Will use this as my resurrection thread (I won’t call it a restoration because I don’t want anyone to get their hopes up!)
Stay tuned for many questions, you know who you are 😂
Everybody knows I have a soft spot in my heart for the XS-1's. Ok, maybe for any XS-650....but especially XS-1's!.

Subscribed.

75054A79-C0B0-4778-AB8D-08C62D3A6243.jpeg
F074CC52-DF15-4559-AC8A-39EF8F2DFBDF.jpeg

Only checked the right side. My tester is a POS and frankly I’m not too worried at this point because that motor is likely coming out anyway.
In good news I found a free battery and some new work gloves!

how many miles showing?
I'm a big fan off oil em up (often start with rust buster) leave the plugs loose or out and kick kick kick every chance I get while working on cleaning it up.
After couple hunert kicks often compression is much better. :shrug:

how many miles showing?
I'm a big fan off oil em up (often start with rust buster) leave the plugs loose or out and kick kick kick every chance I get while working on cleaning it up.
After couple hunert kicks often compression is much better. :shrug:
4B212AF2-D961-4A79-9CC7-CB98DA75CEDA.jpeg

PB blast down the spark plug holes?
Figure I could get at the valves with rifle cleaning kit I may have purchased after following a thread of yours.

616C56BC-4297-4BBB-8F2E-1B5E08C349A1.jpeg
16F5F32D-3C9D-401E-BD1F-E93C611FD71E.jpeg

Valve covers removed, springs soaked, and covers replaced. 25/hunnert kicks done and it feels like it’s waking up a bit. There is an occasional but distinct *click* noise in the cylinders I’ve never noticed in my other bikes…
Sprayed the highway peg mounts while I was down there in case I decide to remove it 😂.
I like the idea that whoever put them on looked at the mounts and went “yep. Looks good!”

Back