Greetings from paradise

coleman2347

old jarhead
Reaction score
Its my first time here, been riding for about 50 years,older than dirt. I live in the Philippines and bikes larger than 200cc are fairly rare here.I'm a retired US Marine and love it here.
I've just sold a honda super 4 for my (here) dream bike a 78 Yamaha 650 Special. I know nothing about the bike, never had one b4. My main reason for getting it is that I,m a nut about vintage english bikes and cafe racers. From what I've read its a great bike and hopefully soon I can turn it into my version of a two up cafe racer. Has to be two up as my wife loves to ride.
The bike is a fair shape (for here) 1978 650 Special. First thing I noticed is the starter does not work, from what I read here in the wee hours of the morning its the spring clip. I am sure that as I go along many other things will be evident so this forum will be invaluable. BTW, there is no such thing as a Mig welder here, in the entire city I live in there is only arc and gas. Doing things by hand is the norm, labor is cheaper than progress.
I look forward to meeting you and hope as I pick up experiance about the bike, maybe I can be of some help also....Thanks Lee

Welcome to the group.

You have got just about the best XS650 model there is. I may be a little biased, but the 78 Special is when Yamaha had it all figured out, but before they started getting goofy with styling and interlocks.

Lots of middle aged :wink2: lads, like myself, on the site.

Always good to post a picture of your bike.

Back