GSXR Fork Swap ?'s

I am in the middle of this same swap and decided that the FZR1000 320mm rotors are the route to go with the stock radial mount tokico calipers. To get the rotors centered we are machining 6x80 bcd spacers that are hub centric to space the 10mm offset rotors out the needed 15mm on each side. We are also machining a 5mm stepped spacer to lift the radial calipers out to the needed clearance for the larger 320mm FZR rotors. All of this is going on a 72 XS, which out of coincidence does not require cutting to fit the GSXR stem. I ran the 48X30X15mm lower bearing with the 48x30x12mm upper bearing and it fits like a dream.

this photo is pre FZR1000 rotor fittment.

full

I did it this way but have since seen a way cleaner one. With bolts in the bottom of the neck that would just contact the lower triple.

I also have billet rotor spacers now finally got my project complete.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 572
Hi guys
ive just done my mock up of my front end i did a 2011 gsxr 600 front end the stem was taken out of the xs and grafted into the gsx lower tree looking pretty cool im running a brembo calliper and hopefully my xs front wheel Do i use a gsx axel and do i use gsx wheel bearings or can i use the xs axel and use sleeves to make it fit also to use the speedo mechanism. Also do i need to make a different mount for the calliper. Oh yeah i will get some pics happening soon so you can see how it looks

Last edited:
The GSXR axle was really easy just new spacers and bearings to match the xs wheel outer and GSXR inner I have extras if your new front is the same. Not running a speedo so not sure how difficult running the xs axle would be. You will prob need to space the caliper out a little for the new rotors are larger diameter.

I am working on a similar project myself. '79 XS650 with a YZF rear swingarm, traditional dual shocks. Front end is a 96 750 GSXR up side down unit. It appears that the bearings for both top and bottom of neck are 48 x 30 x 12 mm. Ordered last night from All Balls. As soon as they come in I will document the swap. It appears that I will need to shave about 7-8 mm off the bottom of the neck to seat the bearings properly. I will use the GSXR dual disc brakes, wheel, etc, and a matching rear wheel with single disc.
Will let you all know how this works out. Great to see others doing similar conversions.

Hi guys
ive just done my mock up of my front end i did a 2011 gsxr 600 front end the stem was taken out of the xs and grafted into the gsx lower tree looking pretty cool im running a brembo calliper and hopefully my xs front wheel Do i use a gsx axel and do i use gsx wheel bearings or can i use the xs axel and use sleeves to make it fit also to use the speedo mechanism. Also do i need to make a different mount for the calliper. Oh yeah i will get some pics happening soon so you can see how it looks

Any updates?

Doing the same swap but 06 gsxr 750 trees and tubes xs wheel and rotor gsxr caliper any diff.in 05 and 06 1000 and 750 interested in some spacers KEN 918 617 4011 thanks

Back