Half helmet

jefft

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation on a half helmet they are pleased with?
jefft

I got mine at Wal Mart. Cheap. Like the short visor, help keep the sun out of my eyes.
Leo

The beanies are not DOT certified. They give a falsh feeing of protection. This is more dangerous than riding without a helmet.
Leo

I've think I remember cops wearing half helmets. Some do have a whole head.
jefft

I like the bell Drifter. I have the same shape one for snowboarding as well. The snowboarding one's have a nicer chin strap though.

I'd use what this guy is sporting. I'm pretty sure he made it out of this one alive:

20051223113734_1new.jpg

HarleyCrash3.jpg

I'm just razzing you guys now...:D

I'm getting a half helmet. I have a full face racing Shoeii helmet. Not a chance in hell I would wear that on my bobber. Haha.

In the first pic of that crash. Is it just me or did the poor bloke slip on the banana peel at the bottom of the pic in front of his front wheel! :D

Posted via Mobile

I have a Bell 500. It's been pretty good except one of the snaps on the helmet broke off. I used to use a clear face visor, not now, the noise it makes is pretty annoying. Fit is good though and i guess be careful when you take off a visor.

That Banana Peel Must have come from one of these fuckers, lucky it wasn't a red shell...

Attachments

• MotorcycleMarioCart.jpg
    MotorcycleMarioCart.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 207
I like my Bell Pit Boss. It has an adjustable neck piece for that perfect fit which keeps the helmet from lifting. It also has a flip down sun shield (clear and smoked) and a removable neck curtain when the weather warms up. Bell's customer support is outstanding as well.

I just sold a lot of half helmets on here and other sites but there are many different styles and you need to know what style you are looking for. Some sit high on your head but have the most padding and dot approved and others sit closer to your head but have NO padding. Flip helmets are cool too. If I am just riding around town I use a bennie but if I get on the highway for a longer ride I use a full face. Been hit with way to many rocks and those big ass bees put a nice dent in your face. These are nice and under $75.00 online and do protect the brain. I hit a car in 1983 at 50mph and had a 3/4 helmet and I got screwed up but the dome did survive. So its just how you ride and what's important to you.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 204
Back