Handlebar suggestions?

Also I ordered these clubmans shown from india just this morning, they have a small drop compared to the other clubmans I've seen which put me way tooo low
Hopefully these will be a good compromise for the clip ons which hit the tank when comfortable, I can also fit the MikesXS bling over the handlebar mounts again instead of those two black holes
Hope this helps
cheers

Where from? Ljnk? and how much............let us know the quality.

Cheers.

I recently added a Dirt track/Street track Bar - Bright Chrome.
Width - 34 1/2", Rise - 3 3/8", Pullback - 8 1/4" x 7/8"Dia. Part #25-1088 from http://www.mikesxs.net/products-58.html#products

It's wide, giving me more control and let's me lean ever so slightly to the front to brace the wind without back pain. If you're only going to ride short distances then pick any bar you like but if you want to cover hundreds of miles per day then wide bars that keep your hands below your elbows and elbows slightly bent are the only way to go.

x2 but I bought the black ... VERY VERY comfortable

Hey Rude, how were those bars? Were they what you expected? I assume most of the clubmans advertised for sale are around the same dimensions. I've been eyeing up a set from either bikebandit or JCW. Where did you guys get your clubmans from?

Been looking for some bars too. Umm, anyone else think those clubman's on the same page as the above link look a little sketch?

Hey Rude, how were those bars? Were they what you expected? I assume most of the clubmans advertised for sale are around the same dimensions. I've been eyeing up a set from either bikebandit or JCW. Where did you guys get your clubmans from?

These clubmans do not have any drop they sit flat which is what I was after, I took off approx 1" either end, they could go at least another 1/2" off, but that's personal taste as to how wide you want them, the heavy bar end weights on mine add extra width

From a quality view the welding is a OK and the finish is OK there is some pitting and one or two pin holes at the welds, they are a good price

Have a look at Omars adjustable clubmans for another consideration http://omarsdtr.com/cafenew10.html
I have a set of these I've tried, see pic with black tank, they sit low

Attachments

• IMG00127-20110331-1852.jpg
    IMG00127-20110331-1852.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG00115-20110315-1809.jpg
    IMG00115-20110315-1809.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG00116-20110315-1810.jpg
    IMG00116-20110315-1810.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG00043-20101123-1911.jpg
    IMG00043-20101123-1911.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 306
Anyone tried mountain bike bars? Wondering if the are strong enough? I don't see why they would be a bad idea.

The BMX and Mountain bike bars with the smaller bar running across the top are probably stronger than most 7/8" motorcycle bars.

I've used many a pair of bicycle bars over the years-- no problem. The only concern is the location of and/or lack of knurling. Neither will bend while riding and both will bend when falling down. But crappy chrome might be an issue.

PS. You might have issues finding bicycle bars that are wide enough...

Last edited:
Cheers, Bill! Trying to reduce some costs, I have already spent way too much on my build, and I haven't got the donner bike yet!
9"Fender, 21" & 5.5"18" 60 spoke wheels, Cole Foster tank, Solo seat blank, offset sprocket kit, Wide hardtail. Thought I had 2 donner bikes lined up but they guy changed his mind the day i was supposed to collect. Was going to chop one and restore the other.

I also have been looking at the indian made clubmans

Nice looking bike Rude. I'm looking for a set that looks just like what Angus has on his bike. Turned upside down, they look comfy and very cool!

Anyone run z bars? Im not sure what rise to get or what pull back to get. Any pics and suggestions would help

anyone run the z bars? wondering what rise and pull back is comfortable. pics and suggestions would be great

Clubman handle bars came into being because of racing rules. The Clubman class could not use clip-ons, hence the invention of Clubman bars to get the racing crouch using the stock handlebar mounts.

I think upside down Clubman bars look dumb but I've also seen a gas tank installed backwards. I've been around longer and seen more which is why different is not always cool to me. To each their own, I suppose.

I saw that 5twins used Euro bends on his XS and SR500, he mentioned the Euro bend is comfortable in a posting. I bought a pair of Euro bends for my SR to replace the rusty Superbuke bars when I got it. 5t is right on target as the Euro bends feel just right on the SR, so much so that I have thought seriuosly about trying Euro bends on my heavier XS650. I would replace #10 flattrack bars so the Euro's might do well with a bit of width extension for the XS.

Tom Graham

I've seen spec's for the "Euro" bar given as follows: 30" wide, 2 1/2" rise, 4 3/4" pullback. Does anyone know these spec's for the standard XS650 handlbar?

Speaking of mirrors, are there any decent ones that allow a lot of adjustment, I have flipped upside-down Daytonas, narrowed by 2" each side and would rather not put a bar end mirror but would still like a little left hand view....

Here's a link to four-way adjustable clubman bars..seem to be just what I've been looking for with considerations of looks as well as long trip comfort. These allow me to have both ways whenever I feel like it. A bit pricey, but since I'm on my third set of bars I figured it's worth it and I'll just put the others of CL and recoup a little. Life's all about learning not getting it right the first time.
Charlie

Problem with MTB or Bicycle bars is that they are pretty narrow compared to motorcycle bars. Downhill/Freeride/29er riders usually try to find 700+mm width bars, and there are not many cheap options. Usually they don't have much rise either.

I'd be more inclinded to use cheap light motorcycle bars on my mtb than the other way around...

Back