Handmade Leather Seats

Beautiful work man. I am trying to figure out what I wanna do for a seat. I work in a steel mill so I can have pans cut for me at the price of scrap steel. Only trouble is that the thinnest I can get is .188 gauge. Seems a little heavy duty but at scrap prices I can't pass it up. I would love to know what you got "laying around" for sale or what it would cost to cover my pan. I like the aged leather look but I am not married to anything yet. Got a hardtail with 4" stretch and just picked up a superglide tank. Now I need a seat :)

Shoot me a PM and lets see if we can't work something out. I got a killer girder front end in the classifieds section I am looking to trade for something cool too...

Beautiful work man. I am trying to figure out what I wanna do for a seat. I work in a steel mill so I can have pans cut for me at the price of scrap steel. Only trouble is that the thinnest I can get is .188 gauge. Seems a little heavy duty but at scrap prices I can't pass it up. I would love to know what you got "laying around" for sale or what it would cost to cover my pan. I like the aged leather look but I am not married to anything yet. Got a hardtail with 4" stretch and just picked up a superglide tank. Now I need a seat :)

Shoot me a PM and lets see if we can't work something out. I got a killer girder front end in the classifieds section I am looking to trade for something cool too...

I'll hit you up an the AM

Posted via Mobile

How about something like the 1st one you posted pics of with a dark brown leather?

and do you have dimensions of that as in length and width at nose and ass?

Thanks!

I am in Vegas, I will be home Wednesday and will post up some pics with dimensions of the pans. Thanks everyone for checking my work out and all the compliments. I really appreciate it!

Posted via Mobile

How about something like the 1st one you posted pics of with a dark brown leather?

and do you have dimensions of that as in length and width at nose and ass?

Thanks!

Nose right after the raduis like 2-1/2, Ass at widest point 10-1/2, length nose to ass 12-1/4. Remember that leather can add around 1/2 - 3/4 of extra length and width.

$250+shipping. I have a pan in stock , it has a front mount welded on. I can get them made to accept a standard hinge style mount if that's what you want.

Posted via Mobile

I can work stingray into any seat, or use it on a seat with a trim ring. I can get it in any color you can think of.

Posted via Mobile

I've done a trim ring seat using hippo also, it's cool stuff. Sometimes I texture the area around the rivets and darken them up to look antique. I did a good amount of hand engraving in the aluminium parts on my personal bike :D

Posted via Mobile

The solo seat thing isn't my cup-o-tea right now and I'm looking more towards the larva look'n brat style seat. I gotta ask though to get more pictures of your bike stands.

You certainly know leather work, very impressive. I look at work like yours and wish I had that type of skill set. I note from one of your shop pictures above that you are extremely young. ;^)

Tom

The solo seat thing isn't my cup-o-tea right now and I'm looking more towards the larva look'n brat style seat. I gotta ask though to get more pictures of your bike stands.

I'll send you a couple of the stands. They are 2ft x 4ft with rubber wheel casters , so they don't scratch my floor. Lol

Posted via Mobile

You certainly know leather work, very impressive. I look at work like yours and wish I had that type of skill set. I note from one of your shop pictures above that you are extremely young. ;^)

Tom

Trial and error, books, and lots of practice. My kids love hanging out while I'm working:D

Posted via Mobile

beautiful work!! building an brat style xs with cbr swingarm n forks...the seat with the copper rivets whats the dimensions on that? an what would it cost me 2 have that nice looking aged leather on it?

I can get them for you tommorow. That was a killer pan , two piece stainless with copper rivets. I can work the aged leather look into just about any pan. The cost would depend on what seat pan you wanted to work around. If you have any questions feel free to call me. Jim

Posted via Mobile

Back