Harbor Freight Recall

2XSive

At least one screw loose behind the handle bars
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know a lot of us here on this forum buy from Harbor Freight. This is a recall that could potentially save a life, so thought I'd create a separate thread for it. I happen to have a pair of these jack stands in my garage, and I'm betting others on this forum do too.

Road & Track: Harbor Freight Jack Stands Recalled for Risk of Collapsing.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...-jack-stands-recalled-for-risk-of-collapsing/

Even it it wasn't supposed to be defective, I'd never trust the design in the picture. It looks like they're trading robustness for fine height adjustment, which you don't even need of course

Thanks for the heads up.
I've spent considerable time under my El Camino using those jacks. The one thing you really want to watch out for is accidentally hitting the release lever with your elbow or foot while working. Even under load, that release lever is a hair-trigger. Always block your vehicle using cinderblocks, 4 x 4s and such.

When it says Pittsburg you get what you pay for. I"ve got two sets of 6ton jack stands like those above that I've been using for some forty years
pulling transmissions and have never had one fail.

I have stands with a similar design but not from Harbor Frt. Anyway I will be checking them also

Back