Has anyone laced a Tx500 hub onto a xs 16" rim

xsinmyblood

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I have just managed to get hold of a 73 Tx500 hub. Has anyone used one of these on an XS650? I'm looking to covert to wire wheels and I have a stock front (good old ebay) :) any info on spokes would also be useful the rim I am hoping to use is a standard xs Akront 3.50-16 would the standard xs spokes fit?. Thanks in advance for any info :bike:

Attachments

• Tx hub.JPG
    Tx hub.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 104
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 106
The standard spoke set for the stock 18" rim is the same part # as the 18" rear 650 spokes so the 16" 650 spokes should work. If this works out for you, it should be a nice mod as you'll gain a cush drive for the rear sprocket.

the TX500 spoke set was used for 1970 XS1 thru 1977 XS650 models 18" rim so you need the spoke set for the 16" rim, the wheel bearing are same sizes so as long as spacers work out the hub should work fine

Thanks for that guys. I thought the cush drive would be nice to have. I will order the spokes and post how i get on. :)-)

Be aware that some of the Akront rims are drilled in a different pattern. I found an akront 21" at my local junkyard that would not work w/ my 19" front hub. Stock rims were shouldered DID rims, rather than shouldered Akronts.

Back