Headlight issue

As mentioned, there is no flasher "relay" but there should be a flasher unit. This is what flashes the signals when you turn them on with the handlebar switch. The switch sends power to the flasher and the flasher "pulses" it to the signals so they flash on and off. If you have no flasher installed, the signals won't get power or work.

As mentioned, there is no flasher "relay" but there should be a flasher unit. This is what flashes the signals when you turn them on with the handlebar switch. The switch sends power to the flasher and the flasher "pulses" it to the signals so they flash on and off. If you have no flasher installed, the signals won't get power or work.
I had put a 3 prong universal flasher in and still got nothing, returned it. I saw something about using a 2 prong instead

Oh I feel so freakin dumb now.
Brown is a constant power throughout the bike. Brown goes into the relay and back to the brown and white. Brown and white sends power to turn signals. I was confused for no reason. They work now lol just need a flasher, third prong is for the flasher unit and is useless lmao. Thanks for the help, no usw helping someone who cant help himself! I just gotta figure it out!

Oh I feel so freakin dumb now.
Brown is a constant power throughout the bike. Brown goes into the relay and back to the brown and white. Brown and white sends power to turn signals. I was confused for no reason. They work now lol just need a flasher, third prong is for the flasher unit and is useless lmao. Thanks for the help, no usw helping someone who cant help himself! I just gotta figure it out!

Hi -Ash,
good that you've sorted the browns from the brown & whites.
About the flasher unit.
The 3-slot plug on your harness is wired to suit the appallingly expensive Yamaha 3-prong flasher unit.
It's 3rd prong lets it work in conjunction with the flash count limiter unit that you have discarded.
A 3-prong automotive flasher unit is wired up different inside and won't work with your harness.
A 2-prong automotive flasher unit fits in the 3-slot plug two ways. One way it'll work the flashers. T'other way it don't do nothin'.

Hi -Ash,
good that you've sorted the browns from the brown & whites.
About the flasher unit.
The 3-slot plug on your harness is wired to suit the appallingly expensive Yamaha 3-prong flasher unit.
It's 3rd prong lets it work in conjunction with the flash count limiter unit that you have discarded.
A 3-prong automotive flasher unit is wired up different inside and won't work with your harness.
A 2-prong automotive flasher unit fits in the 3-slot plug two ways. One way it'll work the flashers. T'other way it don't do nothin'.
Already got it sorted, currently have everything wired up

Back