Hello from a new member in Norfolk, VA . . .

Evilclone13

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just wanted say thanks in advance for all of the advice and tips I will be getting from all of you out there in XS650 land! I just purchased a '79 XS650 "Hasn't ran in two years" project bike. I may have bitten off more than I can chew?!?! But as the old saying goes, "How do you eat a whale? One bite at a time." I've already set my credit cards on fire over at MikesXS.net with much needed parts, and I'm sure it's only just begun. I come from a motorcycle family of hillclimbing, drag racing, and motocross. Unfortunately, I was young when this was going on in my life, 4 years old to 18 years old. My father is very talented and experienced when it comes to the mechanical side of bikes, I however did not pay attention back then. Now I need to figure this stuff out with his help, over texting/phone calls.

I'm looking to build a mild cross between a street tracker and a cafe style bike. If there is anyone in the local hampton roads area of Virginia who is willing to lend an ear or eyes, let me know. (I'll at least buy the beer and pizza)

Thanks again for the advice in advance, I look forward to learning anything that will help me get this bike back on the road!

- Evilclone13 (Jason)

Attachments

• XS.jpg
    XS.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 91
Back