Hello From London UK

weegiboy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
How Do All

Just joined and wanted to introduce myself , hope everyone is staying cool considering that we are in the crazy Christmas season and all that , anyhoo i just started my first project a few months a go ( RD350LC/RGV Front and back end ) i had already bought an xs frame and recently got an engine so happy days im now doing the ground work for the xs , which i want to make in to a two seat tracker for bumbling around ye old London town and the odd jaunt down some country lanes , hope to have some pics and progress to share with you all in the coming month's , if work will give me time , great site and an absolute mountain of knowledge you guy's have , thanks for sharing ,well - all the best and have a great festive type time .
regards
weegiboy :)

Welcome. Tons of great stuff on here. Check out all the great threads in the "tech" section. Especially in the maintenance and troubleshooting.

Hey Lads
Thanks for the welcome :) and yes this site is ace , loads of valuable info and knowledge , im sure i will be asking loads of stuff as i proceed so i apologise now if some of it is obvious but i'm a newbie so please excuse me , hoping to have xs on the road by june/july for the summer LOL you know what i'm taliking about xsmoley and cornish pixie anyhoo , tell me what you think i know it might sound mad but i'm going to get the frame , braced swing arm , side stand etc powder coated then build to a runner then fir boysden electronic ignition and mini battery etc after that i will know what lugs to chop off , hear me out , this is fresh ground for me so although it sounds a bit retrospective i reckon chop off lugs then touch up after with frame paint , i'm not in to making my bike show room just want a tidy functional bike , next stop ICM for the powder coatin reckon it aint going to happen this side of Christmas , but will keep you posted , looked at the engine i have and it's quite tidy , painted up and all there , going to use the model id numbers chart on here to find out what year it is , i'll shut up for now , laters patatas
weegiboy :)

Dang, there's Limeys everywhere. :laugh: Welcome aboard! Are you planning a restoration, bobber, chopper, tracker or ??

Hey 1974jh5
Im actually Scottish for my sins ha ha , so my first xs project is going to be a tracker but i have been eying up bobbers for a while and some of the ones i've seen are totally ace , so i reckon after this one i will go on to do two more xs projects which will be a bobber and a cafe racer , but one step at a time as they say :)

Welcome. My Mum is from Norwich and I've been over there many times. Welcome and yes tons and tons of usefull info here. Keep us posted on your project and don't forget the pics.

Kevin.

Hi weegiboy. Yes I too have a dream of riding out in the summer months but the deeper I dig the more of a dream (nightmare) it becomes ! These are fantastic bikes and I had built one ten years ago then a dentist decided to crush it with his car after which I had a Norton then a ZZR1100 none of which touched the biker in me so much as the good old XS. So in september I found this 75 XS650 B (will send pics when I figured out how) and am planning a complete restoration. Definitely go for the powder coating it makes such a stunning difference. Im planning a stock rebuild at first to have it running then do all the necessary mods and I know this excellent site will have all the answers. Happy Christmas.

Hey Weegieboy! Welcome from another Brit (Devon this time). Good to hear about your plans - truly a superb motorcycle to base a build around. I am just undergoing a rephased engine rebuild as part of my overall project. But I used to have a Boyer brandsen set up which is now redundant due to the rephase. When you get that far give me a shout if you still need one - always prefer to deal with fellow xs'ers on here. Also us Brits on here have a few European sources for parts and such so do ask.
Good luck and here's to finding quality 'shed-time' while everyone else is watching crap tv!!

Back