Gas Station Sushi

LOL!

Yeah really dig that guy's bike too! Sounds like he put in some work on that front end. The stock forks look awesome too tho! fork covers would beef it up some and also fit your build. Definitely watching this one as I've got a spare titled neck I've been planning to send to them for some time.

BTW jdizon, I can't see your pictures here @ work! I had to use my smartphone to see what you were talking about and then reply to the post on my work PC which is easier than my smartphone! :banghead:

Picked this up from Harbor freight! It was $68.00 and I had a gift card for $25.00! I spent an extra $20 for a 2 year waranty, hope I didn't go wrong on this purchase!

[/IMG]

Attachments

• IMAG0665_zps1630d30c.jpg
    IMAG0665_zps1630d30c.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 3
I have one of those jacks. It works great, only issues I had with it was i stored on its side and the oil leaked out. But i got a warranty and they replaced it. I'm not sure the oil is supposed to leak.

I have one of those jacks. It works great, only issues I had with it was i stored on its side and the oil leaked out. But i got a warranty and they replaced it. I'm not sure the oil is supposed to leak.

Thanks Captmilk! I need to go home and unpack it so it's not sitting there on it's side! Thanks again for the heads up!

Thanks Captmilk! I need to go home and unpack it so it's not sitting there on it's side! Thanks again for the heads up!

No problem, its been a good jack so far... its perfect on the xs I put a piece of thicker cardboard on the side opposite of the kick stand and is sits just right. I don't have a center stand installed.

Picked this up from Harbor freight! It was $68.00 and I had a gift card for $25.00! I spent an extra $20 for a 2 year waranty, hope I didn't go wrong on this purchase!

[/IMG]

I have the same one George. Think I paid $65 with coupon. Works great. Love the Freight. Just picked up a 1000lb engine stand for $45 with coupon of course:D

Attachments

• IMAG0665_zps1630d30c.jpg
    IMAG0665_zps1630d30c.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 3
George I was just looking at your build tread. Great bike name. Man I really like that frame.If it were me I'd wait and get the Voodoo Vintage Split Fuel Tank. What does that tank go for anyway?

I like the tank you got now. If you can lower the back of the tank on the backbone And move forward a little it look even better.

I know I am going to love Your machine!
I'll be keeping an eye on Your build.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Carbon I appreciate that!

I like the tank you got now. If you can lower the back of the tank on the backbone And move forward a little it look even better.

I want to try and keep the lines of the bike along the backbone. I am going to try and mock it up this weekend and see how it looks. My concern with running the tank too low is that I lose the look of the frame (and fuel capacity will be even lower) if I run it too high (frisco) then I have a huge open area between the backbone and the motor.

I'll post some pictures and see if I want to frisco the tank or pull the money out from somewhere for the other one!

I agree. Lose the one you have and save for the one you want. To me the tank is very important to the lines of the bike. And with that bad ass frame your limited for sure. Maybe even a split tank?

I agree with h3llb3nt1. Just save up for the voodoo tank,it'll flow nice with the frame and keep the gap to the top of the engine small.
jdizon, I dig that last pic.

Some inspiration.

Love how the clip ons and tank is configured on this.

harley-davidson-sportster-custom-2.jpg

Thanks jdizon! I love the look of the copper lines running throughout the bike as well!

I still haven't figured out what kind of bars to put on yet! :banghead:

Clip ons
Clubmans
drag bars
flanders clubmans upside down
beach combers

And then you had to go and post those fork covers you just got!

full

Way too cool! Too many ideas and not enough money to go around! :doh:

Here's a little of my inspiration! :D This is an interview with Troy Helmick the builder of "The Willow bike" that got me interested in old school bikes and let me see that it doesn't have to be a Harley to be cool!

http://vimeo.com/60019158

I agree with h3llb3nt1. Just save up for the voodoo tank,it'll flow nice with the frame and keep the gap to the top of the engine small.
jdizon, I dig that last pic.

You guys are right! :thumbsup: Now to figure out how to come up with $599.00! :shrug:

"Now to figure out how to come up with $599.00!"

Yes sir. Did you get a chance to unbox your motorcycle lift yet? Now that was a good buy.

I did manage to correct my biggest screw up yesterday!

I finally got a hold of the PO. I had the title in hand but it was never signed over.

The bike originally came over from the Philippines with a foreign title and was titled here by the previous PO. The previous PO left the country and is now stationed in Germany. He sold the bike to the PO. The PO never looked at the title till I bought it, that's when we realized that it was never signed over to the PO! :doh:

The PO assured me he could get it signed and over to me shortly. 3 months go by and my title is somewhere between here and Germany! Finally late this last Summer I get a call that my title is back in the states.

Phew! crisis avoided..... or so i thought!

When I meet up with the PO the title is in hand and signed but the Previous PO signed it over to the PO and not me! :wtf: So I take the title, just happy that i have it in hand and tell the PO that I will get with him to sign over the title. Bad idea, should've just setup a time then and gotten it taken care of and done!

Flash forward to Yesterday, and I finally get a hold of the PO (2 months before he is about to transfer to an Air Force base in Texas) We were supposed to meet @ 11 am at the BMV and sign everything over. 45 minutes later and no PO! :yikes: :wtf: am I doing! 2 emails, a phone call and a text later he shows up!

We go in and sign the title over into his name. he doesn't have any cash! :banghead:

Me, anxious to get this over with goes ahead and pays for the transfer and then we transfer it into my name!

Lessons learned!
  1. Never buy a bike without a title.
  2. Get the title immediately!
  3. No matter how much you trust the person, stay on them till you have it signed.
  4. Spend more time reading up in the forums on what not to do and less time looking at the cool pictures! :laugh:

So the screw up is fixed!
I have a title!
A whole lot of good intentions took a long time to pan out!

This is how my build got it's name! "Gas Station Sushi"!

Back