Hello, New member and owner of 81 XS 650

BennyBones

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey my name is Ben..I've ben referring to this site to find info on the xs 650..today I finally was able to buy the one that I've been looking at for some time..it's been a garage bike for the last 7 years..looking forward to getting it home after work and appreciating my new obsession. .

Welcome to the forum, BennyBones.

Post up a pic when you get the chance.

One thing that's real handy is to modify your signature line with the bike's year/model/mods/description...

Yeah watch out for that MrYeats character, but he will help you ID the year of your bike. :wink2:

Thanks for the warm welcome..looking forward to learning all I can about the bikes and the people behind d them in this forum. .i posted some pics on break I'll get some better ones once I get her in the garage. .thanks again..

Looks like an xj Ben, whole different animal.
Yep, that one's not an XS650...
full

Hi Benny,
some things do track across the whole Yamaha product line.
Your bike's front brake caliper is the same swivelling ATE pattern as the calipers on XS750/850/11 Specials.
When you get round to servicing that front brake don't throw the brake pads away because they have mysteriously worn tapered, the designers meant them to be that way and the new ones will look that way too.

hey I bought my 83 xj550 Seca for $200. I also have a xs650
I love the contrast.

Attachments

• GEDC0015.jpg
    GEDC0015.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 176
  • GEDC0013 (2).jpg
    GEDC0013 (2).jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 178
hey I bought my 83 xj550 Seca for $200. I also have a xs650
I love the contrast.

Hi MrYeats,
we've had a few Yamahas (DT360/XS650/750/1100) in the family over the years.
Comparing the various models I've formed the theory that the different design teams were given access to a common supply of parts but were never allowed to talk to each other.

Back