Help from my Brit friends

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have an odd request.

I threw a parts request up on the flat tracker site and got an Email from a Martins Goldberg in Leeds, West Yorkshire. He has exactly what I am looking for at a "reasonable price" but...... something is nagging me about that name, address. And his paypal is "dormant" wants Western Union. I am uh slightly leery.
Anyone know anything about Mr. Goldberg?
He did give an exact address which I won't post here.

Thanks for any help.

I had the same experience in the last week. I posted a wanted ad for a ported (with flow figures) head on VFT several months ago.
This week I get an e-mail stating the same as you have experienced, I replied that I would like to see figures & some photos of the available item.
So then I get sent some lifted photos of a head that is on the 650 motorcycles site (bertauts site.?).
Tell them to fuck off, as I did - they are scammers.

Regards.

These days I wouldn't use anything but paypal, even with what appears to be an established business with a fancy website. I auctioned something for about $5000 on ebay and the winner insisted on paying me with a cashier's check drawn on a money market account. And he claimed to be head of an insurance company, which I looked up and sure enough somebody by his name was.

So I second chanced it and the lower bidders were all suspicious of something now plus the competition between bidders had cooled off. So I ended up doing the auction over and got about $4000. It really pissed me off that a scammer ruined my auction and cost me nearly $1000.

but in the early days we'd send or accept a regular bank check, no problem. The scammers hadnt come out of the woodwook yet. Caused people to get ripped off when they did xome out of the woodwook, before they wised up to the next new paradigm.

Back