Help me identify this xs650 fairing

Knullig

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm able to buy this fairing whom the dealer claims is for an xs650 75/83 but I can't find any picture's online of bikes with this fairing on.

$_86.jpg

$_84.jpg

Does anybody recognize this fairing and knows if it will fit without modding to much? And maybe have a picture of it installed on a bike?

I wouldn't be surprised if it came of a honda or something.

Thanks

It might have been on a fishing boat? :unsure:
Would like to see it mounted on an XS, looks cool!

Found it, it's an Shoe fm-2 fairing

Here's a picture of it on an nighthawk for anyone interested:
IMG_4905.jpg

Even the manual.

IMG_4830.jpg

Thanks for the reply!

Now im gonna go buy me some reading glasses. How could i have missed that shoei tag.....

That’s a nice little fairing. I saw the Shoei tag but thought that was just a sticker that someone had put on there. Rifle makes a similar fairing.

What I find when adding a fairing or windshield is that I need taller, further back handlebars to make up for the loss of wind supporting my upper body at speed.

I had one of those on my '79 Suzuki GS850G before I put a frame-mounted Hannigan Sport-Tourer fairing on it - but the little FM-2 provided protection that was pretty darned good as I recall. As with any Shoei product, it was very nicely made.

You'll have to fab-up some simple mounting brackets for the headlight/turn signal mounts and another couple for the handlebars as shown in the instruction sheet depicted above - but if you get it right, the fairing is quite sturdy and works well.

Photos please...

Pete

Back