Help with Lowbrow wiring harness

maxpower3

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I chickened out on wiring my own harness from total scratch and bought the already-prepared setup for my 82 xs650 off Lowbrow Customs.

I'm at the point now where I need to wire the harnesses to the ignition switch. Here are the instructions from Lowbrow on how this should work:

"2) Red wire) Located on the ignition harness and should be connected to the switched (+) side of the ignition switch.

4) Brown wire) Located on the charging harness and should be connected to the switched (+) side of the ignition switch. This wire should be on the same terminal as the red wire from the ignition harness."

I've attached pics of my ignition switch. It has two wires with spade connectors (one male, one female), and two wires cut off. What gives? Is it really as simple as putting spades on each of these wires and plugging them into the switch? I'm at a loss here.

Attachments

• P1010905.jpg
    P1010905.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 78
  • P1010904.jpg
    P1010904.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 77
No it isn't. The key is to an old Honda, not sure what model. They key has 't1978' on it.

Hope this helps. Try to find out exactly what color wires are coming off the switch.

Attachments

• Honda-CB750F78-wiring-diagram.jpg
    Honda-CB750F78-wiring-diagram.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 82
Looks like a old Honda
Two ways to test
If you have a volt meter put it on OHMS and find the positive wire and then you can figure out the wires.
OR
Hook it to a battery with test light
Honda if it is has a on / off and tail light on three position switch
You would have had it easyer if you just bought a switch from a local car supply

YOU NEED 12 VOLTS to SWITCH the you will get 12 VOLTS out when you turn key

Next time look me up i sell a wire harness for XS DONE!!!! Switches and all and if you want BATTERY BOX and FAKE TANK i do all the wiring and you bolt it on and each wire is tagged where it goes.
GOOD LUCK NEED MORE HELP EMAIL ME
RGrant51@aol.com

Back