Help with PA title

damnedtosuffer

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I bought a 76' 650 without a title only to find that PA is really strict with all the laws around registering a bike. I looked into getatitle.com and they cant help if the bike can't be inspected same with a service in Missouri. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a title for it? At this point i might even be willing to buy a titled frame and swap the vin plates if thats what i had to do
thanks for the help

I googled and found international Title services seemed to have lots of good reviews when I was looking. I ended up buying a lot of 3 bikes, 2 with titles so I have no direct experience with them.

They quoted around $240 or close to that to get it plated in registered in a state that would transfer to PA.

I went through this process with a Camaro and a different title service a few years ago (mainly maybe?) and it was pretty painless though it seems expensive for as simple as it seems.

Maybe you could 'sell' the bike to a member in a state that has lax laws and have them register it and then 'sell' it back to you? I have never done it myself but that is what the title services do. They claim that there are title searches and bonding that are performed in the states you receive your registration in but I don't know.

thanks tim ill look into them and see if they can help
im sorry dr mac it was actually alabama but the company was broadway title company, maybe they can help you

If you get a frame with a title putting all the stuff from your bike onto the new frame will be the best way. The VIN is stamped into the steering head. Cutting the head out and welding it in a different frame is the hard way.

Back