Help with VIN!

fkhuk

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this in the forums, but I figured since it had to do with the frame, the frame section was the place for it!

I recently bought my first Yamaha with no title (I know, more work than its worth, but I got the bike for a steal) and I'm having trouble using the VIN to find out if it has liens or anything on it throughout the DMV. From what I've been told this bike is a '74 so it should have a 9 digit VIN.

THe bike has a 9 digit VIN marked on the neck of the frame, on the sticker also on the neck and on the front of the motor, and they all match. But when I call the DMV they tell me they have no record of this bike. So I was hoping someone would be able to tell me if I'm reading this VIN correctly. The bike is aged so the VIN is not perfectly legible. So here's the VIN:
447 010551

welcome to the forum.
Take a look in the ;Garage; forum under 'MODEL ID ' you should find what you need.

:thumbsup:

A lot of states, if it hasn't been registered for the road in over ten years it won't be in the computer. How that helps I don't know but it is what it is.
Leo

sorry I misread the post.:doh:
Thought you were looking for dating confirmation not registration.

what XSLeo said, plus if the response was "no record", it may never have been registered in your state, maybe it came from a neighboring state. You may also want to ask the DMV if never has been registered what it needs so you can do a first registration.

Back