Heritage 82 to Bratstyle Legend frame up build.

burgs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started a thread on this build while I was mid way but I can remember where it is and what I called it...So I will start again.
I started wth stock 82 Heritage and tore in down to the frame. Powdercoated the frame and rebuilt the engine ( rebore new pistons valves springs and carb rebuild).
Blasted the engine, polished cases and powder the coated barrels.

Attachments

• forum pic 4.jpg
    forum pic 4.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
I wanted a mix of mat and gloss black on polished metal. Coated the headers and Norton short peashooters mat. Went for 1 inch sportster bars and gear black. I went down to single disc so fitted a v rod master cylinder for extra clout.

I wanted a low lean look so switched to xj900 rear shocks and pushed the forks up through the yokes

Attachments

• forum pic 1.jpg
    forum pic 1.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 269
So I dropped the bike 2 inches and bobbed the rear end and fitted a bratstyle seat.

Attachments

• forum pic 6.jpg
    forum pic 6.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 287
  • forum pic 3.jpg
    forum pic 3.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 221
  • forum pic 2.jpg
    forum pic 2.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 246
I ran a red and gold pinstripe down one side and lost the switchgear for micro switches to give it the old 50's look I was after...and thats pretty much the deal. Hope you like it.

finally, a real bratstyle build. i'm not a huge fan of whats become the american version of bratstyle. to each his own. anyway, your bike looks great!
to hooktool ^ im pretty sure the seat was purchased from Bratstyle.com

By far one of the nicest executions of a "brat-styled" build.

Wouldn't change a thing!

Oh. Of course the Tank is a custom and I am still tweeking a set of alu panels to to fit round the battery box which I decided to keep.

The tank was a custom off ebay here in Uk. Its pretty similar to the Honda shadow tank. Fits to the rear same as stock . I drilled the frame and rubber mounted at the front. The tyres are Firestone Champion Deluxe

How bout the seat? It looks like its got a tag, so I assume someone else made it?

Maybe its a Bratstyle product? Though I heard those seats were like $325.

Posted via Mobile

The Bratstyle seat was around 280 pounds. Guess thats around 325 dollars. Yeah.Its spenny but when you spent all winter getting the bike tricked out, the finishing touches make all the difference.

Back