Hi There! New on the forum..

hotonthetyres

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello XS650 guys!

I was going to introduce my self but I couldn't find anywhere to do so :bike::bike:

Im just looking around the forum to see if anybody can reccomend anywhere to have my forks rebuilt? I think the chrome is past its best too, has anyone had any experience in replacing or chroming their tubes, if so what was the costings?

Id be grateful for your opinions if you can help, cheers. :thumbsup:

Hi hotonthetyres and welcome.
I'd say your least costly choice would be to replace the forks with used ones in better shape.
Dunno if Forking by Frank is still in business but his replacement fork tubes were NOT cheap.
Salvaging the existing fork tubes (centerless grind & new hard chrome) ain't cheap neither.
It'd be helpful to put your bike year & modifications in a signature line too.
Saves an average of 3 questions on every technical post.

Hi guys - thanks for info!

I have a XS650 also,

Second hand forks was an option but in nearly all cases they need work doing to them anyway so it would probably be more costly in the long run. I have been searching the net and found this suspension company http://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/motorcycle-fork-rechroming-service-for-stanchions-both-legs.html I called up to get a quote and they said £139 for the pair and £120 to rebuild. They come with some good recommendations from reviews I have seen, anybody heard of them?

Back