hid kits

why kick only? i thought HID used less power than normal. anyway the light should come on AFTER the engine fires. cheers

Posted via Mobile

why kick only? i thought HID used less power than normal. anyway the light should come on AFTER the engine fires. cheers

Posted via Mobile

depends how its wired. we dont know what hes running. i have my bike set up so the lights come one when i turn the key on. personal choice and im happy with it.

I got a 1983 xs650 stock with a haloen lamp kit from mikes just trying to get brighter bulb with less power

HID usually uses more power than stock. I'm currently running Mike's upgraded lighting but without upgrading my charging system I'm not getting all the light I could be getting. That's why, when I upgrade lights again I'm going with LED headlights: http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...S/12vLEDHeadlamp.html&storeId=10001&langId=-1

I talked with the manufacturer and was told they also work in any motorcycle that uses a 7" headlamp.

Most of the HID kits I've seen only draw 35 watts which should help out the old charging systems while giving a brighter light. You just have to find a spot for the ballast and wiring.

Try the AGT 35W one's. I have them on my Yamaha Raider and love them. You get a low beam HID (which is brighter than any halogen high beam) and your high beam stays halogen. THis way you have a bit of color change when you switch them from high to low which alerts drivers of your presence more. Also if the HID ballast were to fail you'd still have your Halogen high beam. They run about $120 for a pair but sometimes you can find someone selling them individually for $60. The mini ballast fits in My Raider's headlight housing, barely. I think it would be easier to fit in a stock xs650 headlight.

There are a few brands to avoid but I can't remember their names. I want to say its like DDR or something. Also avoid the 55w one's...to much for most bikes wiring systems.

Bill, I followed your link. Very interesting light. Didn't see a price.
There are others out there in the $400 range. A bit more than I think it's worth.
Leo

I use the xenex eBay specials. 30 bucks for a pair. only run low beams though, my triangle headlight is tight on space.

Back