highway pegs?

anderson ends? I don't know what brand they are I think I paid 10$ for them a few years ago. That is 1/2" threaded rod that goes through to frame. I weigh 165 and I don't think they will break I stood up on them and not even a bend( not that i would try that when I am riding) thanks chris:thumbsup:

I'm also not a fan of highway pegs, either! Because of that I have a set of them I took off that the PO put on my standard '79. They are made of twisted stock and are in very nice shape....be glad to sell them to you for $25 plus shipping.
JS

here ya go this should do it for everyone!:wink2:

Lovin' those. I for one am a HUGE fan of highway pegs. I only wish I could run a straight thread through that engine mount but my head pipes won't allow it. I'm 6'1, 200lbs so I will need them to be on a very substantial mount in front of the pipes... I think you've inspired me to finally install a set.

here ya go this should do it for everyone!:wink2:

Now slip some pipe over the 14mm threaded rod to cover it and thread your foot pegs back on. But whatever you do, do not put your weight on those pegs while riding as that 14mm allthread is simply not that strong.

PS. If the pipe is fitted tight enough (length and diameter) it will strengthen your set up.

anderson ends? I don't know what brand they are I think I paid 10$ for them a few years ago. That is 1/2" threaded rod that goes through to frame. I weigh 165 and I don't think they will break I stood up on them and not even a bend( not that i would try that when I am riding) thanks chris:thumbsup:

Anderson was the original manufacturer of the style pegs you are using. Often copied, but the name sticks.

dude....use what is cheap & works for YOU. It's your bike. You knew/accepted that the original incarnation looked like just a threaded rod. YOU have to answer to people for it, not us. That being said, the 2nd attempt looks better in my opinion.

Who in the right mind would take an xs on the highway anyway!?!. Haha try that in chicago n you would be getting scraped off the pavement!!!:laugh::yikes:

Posted via Mobile

xschris,

Wow! Those look familiar! In fact I have the same setup on my '81/H.

pegs.jpg

and I can operate the rear brake just by sliding my foot back and using my heel on the brake pedal.

peg2.jpg

I love em on long trips. I can just lean back and relax. I also have an "Old Mans" backrest so I can really enjoy those long trips. Like the man says. The XS650 can be what you want it to be. :thumbsup:

Ride. Enjoy. Life is simple. :D

Last edited:
xschris,

Wow! Those look familiar! In fact I have the same setup on my '81/H.

I love em on long trips. I can just lean back and relax. I also have an "Old Mans" backrest so I can really enjoy those long trips. Like the man says. The XS650 can be what you want it to be. :thumbsup:

Ride. Enjoy. Life is simple. :D

I noticed you have some pipe covering the threaded rod-- that's a big plus.

PS. I have crash bars so digging a peg into the road could only happen after the catastrophic has already happened.

Last edited:
ma ma always says stupid is as stupid does. I see a lot of stupid on yours as well.:wtf:

@ xschris, regardless of how you fix YOUR bike if we pass you'll get a big ol HOWDY wave from me cause you're in the wind.:thumbsup:

@pete, speaking of ol man pegs, backrest (it took me 2 yrs to find one like it) and such. Do those Beetle boots have zippers on the inside?:wink2:

bling tip, the cheap chromed plastic plumbing pipe at you favorite home store can be used to cover allthreads, shift and brake linkage if you are into shiny shiny.

thanks weekendrider I wanted the pegs so I could take some load off my worn out knees. Long drives with my knees jammed up is no fun!:bike: opinions are good we all have them but no need for some to be just plain rude. my name is not skipii:laugh:

Who in the right mind would take an xs on the highway anyway!?!. Haha try that in chicago n you would be getting scraped off the pavement!!!:laugh::yikes:

Posted via Mobile

Having driven Chicagoland freeways and toll roads many times, I'll not drive either in anything smaller than a Peterbuilt or a Mack. :yikes:

living in the finger lakes of upstate ny there is a lot of long nice places to ride.:D

Yes, the boots do have the zippers on the inside. Very comfortable. Goes well with my Old Mans backrest, my poor mans pegs, my sissy windshield and my pull back handle bars.

mybike5.jpg

Doesn't that look comfortable?

Speaking of chrome covers. I used sections of the very thin chrome plated bathroom sink drain pipes to cover the adapters on my mufflers.

chromecover1.jpg

chromecover.jpg

onthebike.jpg

My first ignition system was made from the lid of a jar of Gerber's Baby food and the shank from a bolt out of my junk box.

accell.jpg

I used a piece of radiator hose to mount my oil pressure gage

cockpit4.jpg

Anderson was the original manufacturer of the style pegs you are using. Often copied, but the name sticks.

True Anderson pegs will have the name embossed on the bottom side. I just paid $50 for a used set, as the correct passenger pegs for My Bronson replica bike.

Back