Hitndahedfred's gone.

desnudopenguino

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys. I'm Hitndahedfred's son. A couple weekends ago he passed away (Oct 6th) at home. He loved this community and his bike. That's for sure. He got his bike running just in time for us to visit back at the end of August, and he got to take my son on a few short rides with it.

RIP old man, you were one of a kind.

dad5.jpg

Thanks so much for the note.

Your Dad was a great guy and very highly regarded in this group. He was a kind and generous person and we will miss him.

Since condolences and kind regards.

Pete
(In Windsor, ON Canada)

very sorry for your loss des
Fred was a really nice guy, friendly and helpful and he will be missed by all of us.

So glad he got the chance to finish his bike and give you and your Son a ride. I'm sure that that would have meant so much to him and it will be a lasting memory for your Son of his grandfather
Thank you for posting a picture ....it means a lot to be able to put a face to the personality we got to know so well.

I honestly always looked forward to his posts. Good son to post this for him. I lost my own dad in 2010. Feel free to stick around.

Your son might remember him through that ride. When I was his age my grandfather gave me a ride on a sledge pulled by a mule :) Just recently I mentioned it to my mom and she looked startled and said she remembered it and said he did it so I would have something to remember. Something out of the ordinary that would stick.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. I recently got to meet Fred on a group ride, great guy we had a lot of fun that day and later in the eveing at his bon fire. He will be missed. I hope your keeping his XS he mentioned he wanted his Grandson to have it when he was gone. Don't think he thought it would be so soon though. R.I.P. Fred

desnudopenguino You have one fine father, you should be proud!
http://www.xs650.com/threads/hitndahedfreds-gone.50725/
Here's hoping the XS can stay in the family.

Sorry for your loss. I recently got to meet Fred on a group ride, great guy we had a lot of fun that day and later in the eveing at his bon fire. He will be missed. I hope your keeping his XS he mentioned he wanted his Grandson to have it when he was gone. Don't think he thought it would be so soon though. R.I.P. Fred

Thanks guys. I'll probably pop in occasionally. Dad wanted my son to have his bike, so I have some learning to do in the coming months and years. I plan on taking his bucket list ride at some point too.

Thanks guys. I'll probably pop in occasionally. Dad wanted my son to have his bike, so I have some learning to do in the coming months and years. I plan on taking his bucket list ride at some point too.
So very glad to hear that, your Dad will be very proud to know you plan to carry on with his dream. And that his bike will someday belong to your son. Chime in anytime you need advise or if the bike is still at your Dads place you can PM me personnaly, I'm not far away. God Bless you.

And any time the bike hits the road XS650.com has your back! There's hundreds here that would drop what they were doing to help an XS'r on the road in need. Your father was one of those........... Be sure to start a trip thread here if you travel on it!

I didn't know your father like the rest of these guys. I had only joined the forums a couple months ago. I saw him posting about a get-together in Gettysburg and posted a greeting since I'm local to there.

In the very limited interaction I had with him he was warm and inviting (as I had seen in his multiple post about cook-outs and meet-ups as well).

It's a shame that he's gone so young; more so for you and your family than anyone. I'm sorry for your loss

If you decide to continue his passion, I'm right in Mechanicsburg (actually used to live in Mt Holly), connect with me and perhaps we can continue the gracious hospitality he was always willing to extend. I'm not as technically savvy with these bikes as these other guys but I've got good hands, tools and a desire to help.

Good luck, God bless.

Back