How about some ideas on rear fender mounting

cruzin

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Was wondering if could get some ideas and hopefully pictures of rear fender mounting, and fender types, looking for info on brat style on a build thats running rear shocks. Im coming to the point where I will be making or buying a rear fender and having shocks is a little more changeling than a hardtail. thanks for ideas

Sounds like your reading my mind.......... tim

I am in the same boat. I plan on making a bracket that mounts to swing arm for lower fender mount and then am going to make a sissy bar and have that for the upper mount. thats the plan right now anyway haha

Hi crusin,
yeah, hardtails are easier to work with but they are harder on your arse.
I'm with girard, make the rear fender a hugger.
Have it move with the swingarm and tuck it in close to the tire
Girard's front & sissybar mount is a good way to go although I'm not sure
about having a big tall sissybar hopping up & down with the swingarm.
Perhaps a simple over-the-fender loop at the back instead?
I'd suggest don't mount nothin' on the fender either.
Put the lights & plate mount on some kinda frame mounted structure.
And if you just gotta have a sissybar build it into that structure too.

Won't work the same for you without rear loop but I used the rear loop and a mount under the lower brace...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456347129.243961.jpg

thanks guys for links 2M some of them on the links were very nice and I got some ideas how Ill do it. I think Ill weld a heavy angle type on top of the flat area of the swing are have 2 holes in it for bolts through the fender bolting and then make a not real tall sissy bar that will go over top of the fender with ability to bolt through the fender on top.

Has anyone used TC brothers 6" wide fender? no reviews on it.

Has anyone used TC brothers 6" wide fender? no reviews on it.

This one? I bought one of these. I ended up going a different direction with my fender though, so I never ended up running it.

I'll give you a good deal on it if you're interested. Let me know if you'd like pictures of the one I have.

thats the one I asked about. is yours still without holes and such? what you want for it shipped to 48850
shoot me a picture if you can., Im interested if the price is right. How does that fit the curve of our wheels on the xs650's? thanks

Back