How Did I Get To Be An XS Guru?

ReycleBill

Part Time Tyrannicide
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed above my photograph it says I'm an XS Guru. I don't know how that came to be. I tried to change it a couple of times but obviously I'm not a computer guru 'cause it didn't take. I think I do okay at turning wrenches but I've only worked on XSs for a couple of years now and don't think myself a guru. Please, don't go getting the wrong impression.

Changes as your post count climbs - keep posting & you might become Bill Tsar of the 650's

hi guys,,,, well i just got SICK of so called expert bike mechanics charging or qouting me $80 per hour,,,,, in their dreams,,,, now my beloved xs650 yam,,, and myself are 1 as we are ..... i hope,,,, as well as that i get alot of enjoyement when i can fix something without dramas... it feels just great..... regards oldbiker :D

Check out this old post in The Classroom > Site How-To Articles: Default and Custom User Titles

Those are the defaults I setup a long time ago. I know they're goofy, but I figured most people would change theirs after being here awhile anyway. :shrug:

hi guys,,,, well i just got SICK of so called expert bike mechanics charging or qouting me $80 per hour,,,,, in their dreams,,,, now my beloved xs650 yam,,, and myself are 1 as we are ..... i hope,,,, as well as that i get alot of enjoyement when i can fix something without dramas... it feels just great..... regards oldbiker :D

I don't mind paying big bucks to experts. It's when you pay big bucks and it's still not fixed that pisses me off.

And I fully understand that some things like intermittent electrical problems (hot, no start) on my Mercury Marquis are hit and miss but if all you are going to do is swap parts until you find the problem then tell me that so I'll be prepared. Don't charge me $500 then make me come back next week because you replaced the wrong part. I could have repaired it that way. My Mercury spent 3 summers in 5 dealerships before a local garage right down the street fixed the problem once and for all. Could I have fixed it? Eventually, but it might have taken me 3 years. The local garage owner drove the car for a month before he got the car to fail to start then fixed it while he was on the side of the road on vacation.

Back