How do you move foot controls?

colehooey

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm woking on a cafe racer and I would like to move the foot controls back. Any one seen any other threads on how to do this?

also in a similar situation, but I would like to move them forward (more like forward mids however, and not true 'forward controls')

I plan to go with the kit from omars for future cafe project for my 76

Posted via Mobile

I always though the foot pegs should be ahead of where they are. About where the shifter rubber is and about where the brake pedal is. Where they are with my short inseam when I put my feet down they are right where my legs should be. Put my feet in front they don't reach the ground easy, the same when I put them behind the pegs. I don't like forward controls, too far forward. Rear sets to far back.
Leo

I always though the foot pegs should be ahead of where they are. About where the shifter rubber is and about where the brake pedal is. Where they are with my short inseam when I put my feet down they are right where my legs should be. Put my feet in front they don't reach the ground easy, the same when I put them behind the pegs. I don't like forward controls, too far forward. Rear sets to far back.
Leo

I agree with you. I'm trying to find a way to mount my pegs there but i cant seem to find a way to make the brake and shifter work. :shrug: I have my hardtail all welded on and now im starting to work through my punch list of things that need to be done to make it rideable and need a longer brake pedal and shifter. does anyone know where you can get them if you can get them? maybe a different bike has longer controls that can work?

Back